Perfect PPS holster - Page 13 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #121

redsoxwa .22
Hi, do any of you have an ankle holster for your PPS?

My main roles for a PPS M2 will be ankle and fanny pack carry, if not IWB
on those days when my RAMI gets too heavy for my bad back.

I'm a real fan of the "improved" PPS in M2 form, but am holding
out for a good price with free shipping on the PPS M2 LE.
redsoxwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-27-2016, 12:21 AM   #122

ewigeSchlangenkraft .22
vawalther:

These all look great. I wanted to mention that I got a Blue Line Concealment AIWB Kydex holster for my PPQ that resembles the Gunner's custom and was $35, and as a side benefit, it fits my PPS classic quite well. I was really excited that worked out that way.

Last edited by searcher451; 04-27-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: bandwidth
ewigeSchlangenkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #123

aznav .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixsurguy View Post
Bought a like-new Steyr M9-A1 from a guy last Monday at a good price and it came with $278 worth of accessories if bought new (Bravo Concealment OWB holster with matching double mag carrier, and four 17 rnd mags). Good holster but hate the flat dark earth color.
UPDATE re holsters for my Steyr M9-A1:Ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3 and a Masc OWB leather paddle. Have received both. Have carried the M9 in the OWB Bravo Concealment holster and it is one very good piece of kydex! I love the Masc, though it was so tightly fitted that I wasn't sure I would ever get the gun back out. Took good advice and wrapped the gun in two layers of waxed paper (wax out). Left it overnight. Took a couple of treatments, but it worked like a champ. Retention good and draw also good.
Re the Aliengear, once I got it on it was really, really comfortable and I wore it for two days without once feeling unduly conscious of it. However, getting the blessed thing on was one major PITA. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I'm not happy at this point. The Clinger Stingray, by comparison, is very easy on/off, though in fairness that is for a Walther PPS, a much thinner single stack
2nd UPDATE: I've worked with the Aliengear Cloaktuck 3 some more and am even more impressed with how well it works with my Steyr M9-A1 in terms of retention, concealment, ease of getting a good firing hold on the grip, and overall value/quality. Just can't beat the price for what you get.
I still find it very difficult to get it on my hip. It takes me forever and by the time I'm finished my somewhat damaged and ancient right shoulder rotator cuff is talking to me. One improvement is that I quit trying to place it at 4:30 or 5:00 (over my right rear Levis pocket as recommended by Aliengear). I do much better with it at 3:30 and it still is well concealed and comfortably pressed up against me. That is amazing when I consider that I am carrying a double stack 17 round magazine. The gun simply does not print for my body type (6'-2", 37-1/2" waist, 210 lbs.). I can't say how it would fit a different body type, either thinner or thicker. If I can just keep working on it.
In the meantime I've ordered a Remora IWB reinforced top holster and a Clinger Atom. We shall see.
I know this is an old post but I did have a laugh. I have bad rotators and a 38 waist and know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Also, one of my first carry guns was that Steyr. Excellent pistol. Got it years ago on CDNN for a song. Those days are long gone!
aznav is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Search tags for this page

best holster for walther pps m2

crossbreed holster walther pps m2

iwb holster walther pps m2

pps m2 alien gear

pps m2 holster

pps m2 minituck

pps sticky holster

shield fit pps kydex

walther pps m2 accessories

walther pps m2 holster

will pps m2 fit in shield holster
will walther pps fit same holster as shield
Click on a term to search for related topics.