POA left and low - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #21
jyo

jyo .22
I am a very experienced shooter and my PPS 9mm shot low and left---I drifted the rear sight a hair to the right, and using "Euro" hold (covering the target dot) the pistol now shoots to point of aim---maybe sometime in the future I might order a shorter front sight---or maybe not as this is basically a close-range defense pistol and I feel OK with it.
jyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #22

Bouncer .22
Not only is a smooth, steady trigger pull essential, but also the sight picture. I find my PPS is extremely sensitive to establishing exact alignment of the front sight with the rear sight. I finally learned to focus intensely on the front sight, paying particular attention to both the side-to-side centering and vertical alignments, front to rear. I also swapped out the original front sight for a number "3" (courtesy of S & W) and that has helped greatly. BTW, since this is a self-defense weapon, I'm not particularly interested in nailing tacks at 50+ feet. If I can keep all my shots on the target's center-line and within 3" of my aim-point at 25', I'm happy. Using that criteria, I have found not a lot of difference between American-style and European-style aiming at 25'. My opinion is that beyond that distance, you are putting yourself more at risk of being accused of engaging in a gunfight, rather than extricating yourself from a "no-other-option" self-defense situation.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #23

Geronimo .22
I was having the same problem with POI being low and left. I was getting better just concentrating on trigger finger placement and controlling my trigger pull. But things just didn't "feel right" and I would still occasionally shoot a group low and left.

This past weekend while shooting I switched over to the large backstrap and man, what a difference it made. I had always used the smaller backstrap, just because I have smaller hands and it just felt better. The larger backstrap didn't seem to fit my hand as well at first, but it helped me get a better grip with my dominant hand and weak hand as well. And it put my trigger finger right where it needed to be. Now it feels more natural and I actually prefer it.

Helped me shoot almost dead center on all of my groups that day.
Geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #24

spud Unproven
My wife has to use her support side thumb to apply slight pressure to the frame. Now she shoots spot on.

Just an idea.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #25

hike2fish .22
personally found nothing wrong with the PPS other than a bit of a gritty trigger till its broken in, I shot low left consistently, then I got training from (firearms training, concealed carry license, gun safety training, handgun, shotgun, carbine, rifle. Improve your shooting, learn how to defend yourself and protect your family. Gun shooting ranges in Philadelphia PA area.) yes I am plugging him! He slow fired six directly through the X at 10 yrds with my PPS so i know the problem was me. Now after training I can slow fire six the same way (one or two handed, left or right handed) and maintain tactical accuracy in controlled singles, pairs and tripples from 7-15-20 yrds. PPS is very accurate out of the box. ANd as a side note my instructor is a hard-core glock man, but says that the PPS is he best small CC pistol he has seen and fired.
hike2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #26

M_E_ .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hike2fish View Post
personally found nothing wrong with the PPS other than a bit of a gritty trigger till its broken in, I shot low left consistently, then I got training from (firearms training, concealed carry license, gun safety training, handgun, shotgun, carbine, rifle. Improve your shooting, learn how to defend yourself and protect your family. Gun shooting ranges in Philadelphia PA area.) yes I am plugging him! He slow fired six directly through the X at 10 yrds with my PPS so i know the problem was me. Now after training I can slow fire six the same way (one or two handed, left or right handed) and maintain tactical accuracy in controlled singles, pairs and tripples from 7-15-20 yrds. PPS is very accurate out of the box. ANd as a side note my instructor is a hard-core glock man, but says that the PPS is he best small CC pistol he has seen and fired.
99.9% of all low & left complainers are in fact the shooter. It is ALMOST 0% chance it's the gun.

NRA Life Member

Residing in the Great Free State of Arizona
M_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #27

hike2fish .22
Low Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_E_ View Post
99.9% of all low & left complainers are in fact the shooter. It is ALMOST 0% chance it's the gun.
100 agree
hike2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #28

stimpee .22
At seven yards I seem to consistently shoot to about 4:30 on the clock, centered maybe 2" off the center of the target. But tight groups even with reasonably quick follow up shots.

Not 100% sure what I am doing, but I am not messing with the sights to "correct" it. It is more than close enough for any shot I would take with the gun, and still very likely it is me more than it is the sights or the gun.
stimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #29

M_E_ .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
My wife has to use her support side thumb to apply slight pressure to the frame. Now she shoots spot on.

Just an idea.
What she is doing is compensating for the fact she is still squeezing the pistols grip instead of holding it steady AND then pressing the trigger straight back. It sounds like a start but is still a crutch masking the real problem.

Consider some lessons. Better than developing some BAD habits that are hard to break.

And cheaper than all the ammo needed to correct the problem.

NRA Life Member

Residing in the Great Free State of Arizona
M_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #30

Pointblank .22
Sometimes it IS the gun. I had a Kahr P45 that was shooting 8 inches and a bit left at 7 yards. I am an experienced shooter. I sent it back to Kahr and they did a barrel replacement and modifications to the slide. It's fine now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Search tags for this page
9mm ppq shooting low and left
front sight for walther pps
kahr p45 shoots low
my walther ppq 9mm shoots about eight inches low at ten yards

ppq shoots low

pps shoots low
walther ppq poa

walther ppq shooting low

walther pps front sight

walther pps front sights

walther pps shoots low

walther pps sight picture
Click on a term to search for related topics.