PPS 9mm Extraction Issues w/ pics - Page 4 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #31

davisway .22
I called them up and they sent me a call tag for it. A few days later the call tag arrived and I sent it in. About two weeks after that I got it back. They didn't ask me to pay anything on it and it is about 14 months old. Now to bring it to the range to give it some use.
davisway is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #32

imabass .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
My PPS9 just went back to S&W for an extractor issue. It's about 2 years old and they did tell me I would have to pay for repairs but not shipping.
Mine was manufactured in 2001 according to the "AB" S/N. Mine was 10 years old and they never charged me.

How much will they charge you? It is worth it to get it fixed.
imabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #33

M_E_ .22
I just order the parts from Walther & put them myself. I won't pay for a repair. On the other hand, I have a dozen gunsmiths to back me up. But I never seem to need them!! All these broken parts are just that. They make these guns so simple that anyone can fix themselves. I guess folks can't do maintenance on things anymore. In the dark ages , right after the car was popular, we used to have to "tune them up" every 10K to 12K miles if you expected to go anywhere with reliability. You were forced to spend a ton of money or learned how to do mechanical work yourself. As a kid in High School, no one had money to blow, so we learned- Fast!! Guns are still made from parts. If you can get the part, put it in the gun. It only goes in one way. Figure it out.
Reconhell likes this.

NRA Life Member

Residing in the Great Free State of Arizona
M_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #34

83v45magna .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imabass View Post
Mine was manufactured in 2001 according to the "AB" S/N. Mine was 10 years old and they never charged me.
You don't have a 2001 production PPS, they weren't made till 2007 at their earliest. You're looking at the serial number not the production year code. The characters you are looking for are a two letter code, standing by itself (Not the 'DE', that is for country of origin). It is either AH, AI, AK, BA or BB.

'Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang ol’ Walthers, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.' - Jeff Dexter Boomhauer III
83v45magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #35

walthermedic .22
I just got my pps back from S&W. The Extractor flew off after approx. 2000 rds. I have to say S&W had the best customer service I have ever experienced. They were fast, polite and efficient. They sent me the shipping label and paid for postage and insurance. My pistol was not under warranty and they replaced the spring and extractor for free. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks to fix the gun, I got the gun back in the mail in a little over a week. Kudos to their gunsmiths.

WALTHER PPS .40
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” (Thomas Jefferson Papers p. 334, 1950)
walthermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #36

guarddog04 .22
Why would an extrator fall off?

The extractor on my 9mm PPS fell off after around 600 rounds fired.

Walther fixed it, but gave no reason for why it happened. Anybody have any ideas? I have not shot any +P ammo in this gun.

Last edited by searcher451; 03-13-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: bandwidth
guarddog04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Search tags for this page
issues with walther pps
pps 9mm problems
pps problems
problems with the walther pps
walther pps 9 problems
walther pps 9mm issues

walther pps 9mm problems

walther pps extractor
walther pps extractor problems
walther pps long term

walther pps problems

walther pps problems resolved
Click on a term to search for related topics.