Trigger -not Resetting - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #1

Central Ky PPS M2 .22
Trigger -not Resetting

New to guns in general bought my first gun ever Pps M2 Le I have not cleaned yet. Dry fired maybe 5/6 times now trigger sticks back and won’t reset. Any ideas, just a good cleaning maybe?
Central Ky PPS M2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-03-2018, 11:12 PM   #2

WiseguyDS .22
Since you’re brand new to firearms and this is your first purchase I’d consider sending it back to Walther but maybe you might want to have a gunsmith look it over first? Even without cleaning your trigger shouldn’t stick. What you don’t want to do is spend money on what would otherwise be a warranty item. Others here are way more adept with technical savvy than I and will no doubt give good guidance.

I can tell you that the PPS is a well made gun so don’t fret as your new toy just gets its first kinks worked out. Mine was briefly prone during its breakin period. Welcome to the forum and looking forward to following this. Please continue to post your progress and outcome and don’t leave us hanging!
WiseguyDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #3

Central Ky PPS M2 .22
Cleaned gun and have purchased snap cap dummy rounds. Although gun was pretty dirty especially for new gun I haven’t put any live rounds in yet. Trigger still sticks to rear and isn’t resetting.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:34 PM   #4

1917-1911M .38
Call Ft Smith....the phone number should be on the back of the service manual. Explain what it is doing. If they can't offer a quick and 100% effective remedy they will e-mail you a shipping label for you to send it in for free service. People don't purchase a serious self defense firearm and put up with this kind of stuff....well, perhaps CCP owners...but I digress. They will ship it back at no cost to you as well. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #5

Central Ky PPS M2 .22
Spoke to experienced gun guy who told me dry firing even w snap caps aren’t designed with this type of gun to cycle and reset trigger like it would with a live round.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #6

Bassackwards .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Ky PPS M2 View Post
Spoke to experienced gun guy who told me dry firing even w snap caps aren’t designed with this type of gun to cycle and reset trigger like it would with a live round.
The power of the recoil is what cycles a new round and resets the trigger. As long as it resets when you rack the slide, you're good. Firing a live round will rack and reset it when you actually fire it.
If it doesn't reset after racking it, send it back to Walther. In a week you'll have a new trigger complete with a trigger tuning.

Last edited by Bassackwards; 10-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #7

PPS4ME .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Ky PPS M2 View Post
Spoke to experienced gun guy who told me dry firing even w snap caps arenít designed with this type of gun to cycle and reset trigger like it would with a live round.
I also experienced some oddities with mine when it was brand new. I was able to dry fire it and the trigger would sometimes reset. The next day I started dry firing again and then the slide would lock open. I just attributed it to something breaking in or figured that was normal since it was my first gun. Looking back, I probably should've sent it in before I put 700 rounds through it. Now it's at Walther awaiting parts from Germany..
PPS4ME is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Search tags for this page

walther p38 trigger not resetting

Click on a term to search for related topics.