Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PPS1980
  • 1 Post By imaoldfart
  • 1 Post By Robertbank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #1

rodneyat .22
Extended basepads for PPQ M2

I am fairly new to the Walther club. I bought a PPQ 4" a while back and picked up a 5" this week. So, I have been looking at the various extended basepad options. I know Walther has a +6, Taran Tactical has a +5 and Springer has a +4. I am sure there are others too. have any of you used any of them or any experience with them...Rather good or bad?

And just for posterity. My 2 PPQs

Last edited by rodneyat; 12-11-2017 at 10:22 PM.
rodneyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #2

PPS1980 .22
Welcome aboard! I'll let you meet Oldfart on your own. He has experimented with all things PPQ!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #3
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Ha....well, I have no experience with any of the extended basepads you mentioned. But those HAVE been discussed before and there ARE some members using them. Maybe they'll chime in.

I just modify various things, including basepads.....but magazines too. One of my interesting mods is modifying a Beretta 30 round mag to latch into a PPQ M1.

Everyone has already seen this picture, so this is just for you.

Welcome to the forum. I know you'll enjoy your PPQs.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #4

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Ha....well, I have no experience with any of the extended basepads you mentioned. But those HAVE been discussed before and there ARE some members using them. Maybe they'll chime in.

I just modify various things, including basepads.....but magazines too. One of my interesting mods is modifying a Beretta 30 round mag to latch into a PPQ M1.

Everyone has already seen this picture, so this is just for you.

Welcome to the forum. I know you'll enjoy your PPQs.
BTW, ran your Canik 18 rounders through the new P99c yesterday - flawless.
imaoldfart likes this.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #5
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Yep, when the Canik 55 TP9 was first released, the magazine was a perfect fit in the PPQ M2, as both pistols utilized a button release. As I recall, NO mods needed for those mags when using them in a PPQ M2. However, by including an additional latch hole for the M1 (paddle release) these mags could be used in an M1 or M2 or P99 or P99C (with sleeve).

As Canik progressed and continued to make little mods to the pistol, they modified the grip as well as the magazine. THESE later mags will latch into a PPQ M2, but they hang out the bottom of the magwell just a little, requiring a custom made sleeve/spacer to eliminate 'over insertion'. Last time I looked, the original mags were hard to find to non-existent.....but that was a couple of years ago.

However, I've moved on to a Sig P226 9mm 20 round mag. Very little latch hole modification needed.....I do have to run a spacer. These modified mags will run perfectly in my Sig P226 or PPQ M2. With the addition of an M1 latch hole, they'll run in all three pistols....NO hiccups....just slide em' in, punch the button/lever and they drop out. AND, they feed perfectly. Yep, my new favorite.
PPS1980 likes this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #6

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Yep, when the Canik 55 TP9 was first released, the magazine was a perfect fit in the PPQ M2, as both pistols utilized a button release. As I recall, NO mods needed for those mags when using them in a PPQ M2. However, by including an additional latch hole for the M1 (paddle release) these mags could be used in an M1 or M2 or P99 or P99C (with sleeve).

As Canik progressed and continued to make little mods to the pistol, they modified the grip as well as the magazine. THESE later mags will latch into a PPQ M2, but they hang out the bottom of the magwell just a little, requiring a custom made sleeve/spacer to eliminate 'over insertion'. Last time I looked, the original mags were hard to find to non-existent.....but that was a couple of years ago.

However, I've moved on to a Sig P226 9mm 20 round mag. Very little latch hole modification needed.....I do have to run a spacer. These modified mags will run perfectly in my Sig P226 or PPQ M2. With the addition of an M1 latch hole, they'll run in all three pistols....NO hiccups....just slide em' in, punch the button/lever and they drop out. AND, they feed perfectly. Yep, my new favorite.
I keep envisioning you and your experiments......
Old 01-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #7

Robertbank .22
For us poor folks in the Great White North who suffer under the 10 rd limit it just occurred to me that I could modify my 10rd Beretta 40 cal mages to fit in my PPQM2 5" 9MM. The Beretta 40cal feed lips are identical so the 9MM cartridges are held in the mags as secure as they would be in a 9MM mag. I get 14 9MM rds in the Beretta 10 rd 40cal mags and it is legal up here.

Take Care

Bob
PPS1980 likes this.
Robertbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #8

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbank View Post
For us poor folks in the Great White North who suffer under the 10 rd limit it just occurred to me that I could modify my 10rd Beretta 40 cal mages to fit in my PPQM2 5" 9MM. The Beretta 40cal feed lips are identical so the 9MM cartridges are held in the mags as secure as they would be in a 9MM mag. I get 14 9MM rds in the Beretta 10 rd 40cal mags and it is legal up here.

Take Care

Bob

I like how you think!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
walther ppq 6 basepad

walther ppq extended basepads

walther ppq taran tactical extension

Click on a term to search for related topics.