Trijicon Bright and Tough install on PPQ M2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #1

gordon.z .22
Trijicon Bright and Tough install on PPQ M2

I saw there was a thread with the factory sights install but not the aftermarket install for the M2 so I figured I'd do a little write up for the M2 install since I recently installed the Trijicon Bright and Tough on mine.

First, safety check, make sure firearm is not loaded. Perform a field strip by removing the slide off the frame, removing the recoil spring and barrel.

Next, remove the front sight with a .05 Allen wrench, I didnt have one but have some similar tools for cell phones and it was the same fit. After removing the screw, gently push the front sight out from the bottom.

Now for the rear sights, either using your finger nail or a small flat head screw driver push down on the plunger and slide the sight to the left. Be careful not to just release the plunger but gently letting off as it is spring loaded and you don't want to have to find the tiny spring.

Now after the rear sight has been removed, turn the plastic screw on the side of the sights to the right (it is reversed so turning to the right actually loosens the screw out). Take the screw and put it aside as we'll need this for the install of the new sight.

Take the new front sight and remove the front hex screw, take the screw and apply some loctite 242 to it. Place the new front sight in the port, and flip the slide upside down, this part may get tricky as the tiny hex screw is difficult to tighten, what I did was hold the screw in place with my finger, and from front where the barrel goes, take a flat screw driver and give it a few turns so it gets a thread in place. Now take the 3/16 hex driver and tighten up the front sight.

Now for the rear sight, taking the plastic screw we took off the original rear sight, turn the screw to the left and get in, I had maybe about 1mm off the edge, but this you'll have to adjust on your own for centering. Ensure the bottom of the screw is come parallel to the slide as the plunger needs this to lock the sight on place. Slide the rear sight in place just before the plunger, press down on the plunger and allow the screw to be directly above the slit in the plunger, release the plunger if it is in the right spot you should hear a click, to test if it is indeed in place, slide the rear sight to the left or right, there should be no play in the sight. If it is not locked it it could be the plunger is not lined up and you'll have to straighten it out. The easiest way for me to determine whether the sight was centered was looking at the rear sight from the front of the slide. Ensuring edges on both left and right were equal.

Now for some pictures in the dark!

The sights are fairly bright in the dark and definitely feels better as they're of metal construction rather than the plastic that mine came with.

Hit the thanks button if you found this helpful!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
gordon.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #2

Djach .22
Nice write-up! I did the exact same install earlier this month and it really is a piece of cake, just as long as you have the correct tools (hex wrench and nut driver) for the front sight.

Anyway, good job...

Edit: Just be mindful the first time you take your PPQ to the range w/ your new sights. Mine seemed to have an issue in which the sight would work itself free from the plunger. ---> https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...ear-sight.html
gordon.z likes this.

Beretta 92FS (9mm)
H&K P30 V3 (9mm)
Walther PPQ M2 (9mm)

Last edited by Djach; 01-30-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Djach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #3

gordon.z .22
Right, I addressed that in the last step there. Make sure that it's locked in, I suspect that's what happened with yours, I was playing around with the stock one and when the plunger isn't perfectly straight it won't lock the sight in place. But thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on it when I go to the range.

Last edited by searcher451; 01-31-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: bandwidth

Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 AM   #4

Mster .22
Nice write up. There are a few short youtube videos on the M1's for the Trijicon sight swap. You could probably link them and add them if some people don't get the pictures.
gordon.z likes this.
Mster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:44 PM   #5

mttkyle .22
Please forgive me as I'm a new PPQ M2 owner, but all of the night sights I see for sale say for the P99 instead of the PPQ, are these in fact the same and will work on my PPQ M2?

Thanks in advance
mttkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttkyle View Post
Please forgive me as I'm a new PPQ M2 owner, but all of the night sights I see for sale say for the P99 instead of the PPQ, are these in fact the same and will work on my PPQ M2?

Thanks in advance
Yep, P99, PPQ M1 or M2.....all the same.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #7

mttkyle .22
Thanks!!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #8

gordon.z .22
Kyle, keep in mind, the install directions are for the adjustable sights. Fixed ones are a different install for the rear.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #9

mttkyle .22
Thanks for the info Gordon. After seeing your comment I went and checked and I do in fact have the adjustable rear sight. I must say it did make me smile as I was looking with my brother in law who was amazed by the adjustable sights since his night sight in his Sig got broken by a friend having to use a punch to install his.

Thanks again
Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #10

gordon.z .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttkyle View Post
Thanks for the info Gordon. After seeing your comment I went and checked and I do in fact have the adjustable rear sight. I must say it did make me smile as I was looking with my brother in law who was amazed by the adjustable sights since his night sight in his Sig got broken by a friend having to use a punch to install his.

Thanks again
You're welcome.

All the m2 models come with adjustable sights, the plastic ones as far as I know of. They're easy to remove and install, some prefer the fixed sights but I'm content with the adjustable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
night sights for walther ppq m2

ppq m2

ppq m2 night sights

ppq m2 sights

sights for ppq m2

sights for walther ppq m2

trijicon night sights ppq m2

trijicon night sights walther ppq

trijicon sights for walther ppq m2

walther ppq m2

walther ppq m2 sights

walther ppq sights

Click on a term to search for related topics.