PPQ VS PPQ NAVY - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #21

menzzer37 .22
Does anyone know if you can purchase the new Navy striker assembly to put in a standard PPQ? I'd like to do this and drill the holes in the slide as well.
menzzer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #22

waddlingweezol .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzzer37 View Post
Does anyone know if you can purchase the new Navy striker assembly to put in a standard PPQ? I'd like to do this and drill the holes in the slide as well.
I'd like to know as well, and also how easy is it to replace the striker assembly?

Is this something most inexperienced people can do? Or something that should be done by a gunsmith?

Also, is the finish on the slides really the same? I noticed my Navy version had a more "matte" like finish while the standard m1 was a little slicker. When I called Earl's he said the finish was different between the Navy and standard model, but I don't know how true that is. He also said he was the only source for PPQ m1's which didn't sound true, so I don't know if he was trying to talk me into one of the $1900 m1 Navy's he had or if they really do heave a special finish on the slides
waddlingweezol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #23

balance .22
Quote:
I'd like to know as well, and also how easy is it to replace the striker assembly?
It is as easy as can be. All you need is something to press in the small tab on the top-right side of the slide plate, pull the slide plate down, and replace the striker assembly. The Navy striker assembly will drop right in. But there isn't much reason to install a Navy striker assembly in a standard PPQ.

Out of water, I personally think the standard PPQ may actually be more reliable with a wider range of ammunition, due to the weaker striker spring, though I haven't heard of any examples to prove this.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #24

waddlingweezol .22
^ thank you; if you don't mind, can you expand on why you think it would be more reliable with a weaker striker spring?

My goal is to make the gun as reliable as can be. The threaded barrel isn't so important, and I see how the drainage hole can cause dust to get inside. I was under the impression that a stronger striker spring would be better in or out of water.

Thanks again
waddlingweezol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #25
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
The drainage ports are on the inside and dust isn't a problem....I know, I EDC my Navy Q.

As is, either Q will be extremely reliable.

Unless you are going to be in a marine environment the Navy Q might be over kill.

I am in, on or under the ocean on a daily basis and my Q has "gone swimming" more then once. I want to be sure my weapon will fire even if pulled right out of the water...the stronger striker spring allows for better force if the channel still has liquid in it. It will impact the primer hard enough to ignite the powder.
Cyanide likes this.

Last edited by olsoul; 02-22-2014 at 03:31 PM.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #26

jhog1978 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
In picture 0009 if you look at the bar that the small spring fits into the one on right does not have the retaining slot as the bar in the one on the left. Don't think it will let the spring slip out but it seems just unfinished to me.
http://www.tanfo.de/0_WA/PPQ_VS_0009.jpg
I believe the slot IS there, it's just that the spring on the right is properly situated in the slot, and the spring on the left has gotten moved a bit to the right, and so is not quite all the way in the slot. Look closely at the locations of the springs, in comparison to each other.
jhog1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #27

Setheronie .22
Has anyone tried shooting the regular PPQ underwater to see if it works? I'm about to try it. . . lol.
Setheronie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #28

365turbodiesel .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setheronie View Post
Has anyone tried shooting the regular PPQ underwater to see if it works? I'm about to try it. . . lol.
DON'T USE HOLLOWPOINTS UNDERWATER!!!

have fun
365turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #29

balance .22
Quote:
First, I'd ask why you would want to?

Then, I'd probably suggest that you didn't try this. There is a lot more pressure in the chamber when the bullet has to push a barrel full of water out of the way before it exits the muzzle.

It will probably work, but it isn't optimized to be fired underwater, and the Navy will probably be more reliable in a wider range of conditions or scenarios underwater.

But the question of "why" keeps coming to mind. Finding out if my pistol fires underwater isn't keeping me up at night, though finding out what the previous owners of my pistols that were purchased used did when they owned them, well...
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #30
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
I will say that the Navy does fire fine underwater....do not use hollow points....

I'll be trying at 2 atmospheres (28 psi) soon and will let everyone know the results.....I'm not chancing it at greater pressures (or depths, greater depths mean greater pressures).
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
ppq
ppq m2 navy

ppq navy

ppq navy vs ppq
ppq vs ppq navy
walther ppq
walther ppq m2 navy

walther ppq navy

walther ppq navy for sale
walther ppq navy vs ppq
walther ppq tactical navy
walther ppq vs ppq navy
Click on a term to search for related topics.