Slide not locking back after last round. PPQ 9mm - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #1

X5GEE .22
Slide not locking back after last round. PPQ 9mm

Went to the range yesterday and today. Towards the end of a 1 hour session I noticed the slide is not locking back after the last round. I'll rack it back manually w/ an empty cartridge and it will lock.
Tried less rounds in each magazine a few times. 5,3 and 1 round. Still didn't lock after last round. By this time I had to pack it up and leave.
So far my gun has around 800 rounds shot through it. I usually clean it after 150 rounds. When I went shooting today, I didn't clean it from yesterday, but it was locking back earlier when I started shooting.
Could it possibly be a heating issue? The problem seems to occur after 75 rounds .... this is what I notice today.
Any help would be great.

thanks
X5GEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #2

rhodco .22
Try a different magazine. If it happens with every magazine, it might be that you are hitting the slide release lever on either side while firing and you don't realize it.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #3

PPQ9Gunner .22
Geez. Seems like there is a new problem with the PPQ every day I check back on these forums. Makes worry if I bought a quality gun or a $500 piece of garbage?
PPQ9Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #4

Shockwave .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQ9Gunner View Post
Geez. Seems like there is a new problem with the PPQ every day I check back on these forums. Makes worry if I bought a quality gun or a $500 piece of garbage?
Are you having any problems with your PPQ?
Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #5

Boogs .22
What questions would there be from other members if everything is working well or people are out shooting?

You can find negative literature on just about anything, lets consider the numerous PPQs in use vs. Reported Problems. $500 is a lot of money for any one thing, but the PPQ IMHO is exceptional. If you bought something else and looked hard enough, especially online, I'm sure you would find reason to be cautious there as well.

Stuff happens..
Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #6

SGFvr .22
WOW...PPQgunner... are you paranoid or what?...someone else is touching their slide release and causing a fixable user problem for them, and you are ready to dump your gun....I dont mean to be insulting, but maybe you should get rid of it, and all your guns...and please spare us the drama....
SGFvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #7

grumpy1 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodco View Post
Try a different magazine. If it happens with every magazine, it might be that you are hitting the slide release lever on either side while firing and you don't realize it.
I agree in that most likely the slide release lever is being being touched while firing. This happens on some pistols more often than others with the extended slide release. It was so bad on my SIG SP2022 that I had to slightly move the postition of my support thumb using the thumbs forward grip I use and the problem never happned again.
grumpy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #8

Boogs .22
To stay on topic and in addition to the topics suggested above- try and see if a different magazine alleviates your problem if you determine your manipulation of the gun/slide-release is not the culprit
Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #9

grumpy1 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
What questions would there be from other members if everything is working well or people are out shooting?

You can find negative literature on just about anything, lets consider the numerous PPQs in use vs. Reported Problems. $500 is a lot of money for any one thing, but the PPQ IMHO is exceptional. If you bought something else and looked hard enough, especially online, I'm sure you would find reason to be cautious there as well.

Stuff happens..
TRUE!!

The Walther PPQ, IMO, has been remarkably trouble free.

Try researching ANY car or truck you might be interested in buying. If you take it all seriousy you will be walking or taking public transportation for the rest of your life.
grumpy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #10

X5GEE .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
I agree in that most likely the slide release lever is being being touched while firing. This happens on some pistols more often than others with the extended slide release. It was so bad on my SIG SP2022 that I had to slightly move the postition of my support thumb using the thumbs forward grip I use and the problem never happned again.
That could possibly be the problem. Never really paid attention to where my thumb was positioned. I'm going shooting again this saturday and will post a follow up after some tests. Other than that, LOVE my PPQ regardless of any little flaw it has.
X5GEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
ppq not locking slide

ppq slide not locking back

ppq slide not locking on last shot
slide lock does not lock ppq 22
slide not locking back on last round
walter ppq slide not locking after last round
walter ppq slide not locking back on last round
walther ppq slide
walther ppq slide doesn't lock back after last shot

walther ppq slide lock

walther ppq slide not locking back

why is walther ppq slide not locking?
Click on a term to search for related topics.