Cleaning the PPQ/Lubricants, etc. - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #11

PPQ9Gunner .22
So since we can't use this brand or that brand on the PPQ, what are some acceptable brands to use? I was thinking of trying some M-Pro 7.
PPQ9Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #12

Dtech .22
Mil-Comm products are what I use and recommend. Excellent cleaning and lubrication products and non-toxic. (I still use nitrile gloves anyway). The TW25B is their grease and the MC2500 is the oil. They also have cleaner/degreaser and bore cleaner. I've used them since way before the NRA endorsed them or they were more well known.

Mil-Comm Products - TW-25B synthetic lubricant protectant grease or oil for firearms, fishing reels, locks and hardware.
Dtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #13

ans1215 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
Moly powder lubricant? Who makes this? Yeah, I'm a noob.
03084 -- Dry Moly Lube, 11 Wt Oz

Molyfilm Moly Gun Lubricant 10oz Aerosol

Simmons Law Enforcement :: KG Gun Lubricants
ans1215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #14

natcreat .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtech View Post
Mil-Comm products are what I use and recommend. Excellent cleaning and lubrication products and non-toxic. (I still use nitrile gloves anyway). The TW25B is their grease and the MC2500 is the oil. They also have cleaner/degreaser and bore cleaner. I've used them since way before the NRA endorsed them or they were more well known.

Mil-Comm Products - TW-25B synthetic lubricant protectant grease or oil for firearms, fishing reels, locks and hardware.
I use Mil-Comm products as well. It is super-slick and, as mentioned, non-toxic. My PPQ runs like a sewing machine with this stuff! Very highly recommended.
natcreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #15

rifleshooter474 .22
Corrosionx

This product really works great. Also I use Breakfree CLP.
CorrosionX for Guns
rifleshooter474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #16

PPQ9Gunner .22
M-Pro 7? Anybody?
PPQ9Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #17

TheWombat .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQ9Gunner View Post
So since we can't use this brand or that brand on the PPQ, what are some acceptable brands to use? I was thinking of trying some M-Pro 7.
Most brands are fine, even Hoppes products are fine. It is only Ammonia based cleaners (e.g. Hoppes No 9 solvent) where there are concerns and warnings in the Walther manual. Some people (including myself) are using even these products for specific uses e.g. inside the barrel. I for example use it for my 1000 round clean on the inside of the barrel which is more indepth then my quick fields strip and clean after a range visit.

If you are cleaning your firearm regularly it reduces the need for super strong cleaners since the deposit is not building up and hardening over time, so you may have no need for an Ammonia based solvent and there are good copper removers around now without Ammonia.

These days most of the cleaning products are going to be more than suitable. Much of it comes down to personal preference and what people have been using for years and people will be passionate about what products they think are best. I happen to have Hoppes in my box of bits so that is what I use for now, as it runs out I'll look at what is on special offer or being recommended and try that - which could be Hoppes again!

A while back on a different forum someone queried Hoppes directly on the use of their #9. This is what their response was:
Hoppe’s #9 is a safe solvent for all guns. However, prolonged contact with nickel, chrome or aluminum is not recommended with any Hoppe’s solvents. In addition chrome or aluminum should not be soaked or submerged in any Hoppe’s solvent. The reason is that the slightest scratch or nick in the plating, the solvents will penetrate the flaw and dissolve the underlying copper substrate & cause the chrome/nickel plating to chip & peel further. Therefore, when using on plated or lined items keep the solvent to a minimum.

Obviously you need to make your own decisions as even milder cleaners can be used inappropriately, as can brass brushes etc. Ultimately the forum and posters can't be held accountable so please do use common sense.

HTH

TheWombat
TheWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #18

DK922 .22
I like to use good old Ballistol on pretty much the entire gun along with some strategically placed drops of Weaponshield or CLP Breakfree on the wear areas.
Gunner442 and MustProtect like this.
DK922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #19

Clipse3GT .22
Quote:
M-Pro 7? Anybody?
Exact Same stuff as Hoppes Elite Gun Oil / Gun Cleaner.
Clipse3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #20

TooSixy .22
Quote:
M-Pro 7? Anybody?
That's what I use on my PPQ and the rest of my guns.
dpadams6 likes this.
TooSixy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
cleaning a new walther ppq

cleaning a walther ppq

cleaning walther ppq

cleaning your walther ppq
how to clean a walther ppq
how to clean ppq

how to clean walther ppq

lubricating a ppq
oiling a walther ppq

walther ppq cleaning

walther ppq lubrication

walther simmons construction handbook
Click on a term to search for related topics.