PPQ Weapon Light Gallery - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #21

Boogs .22
The Viridian's look very fitting for the PPQ, as if they were made for the gun.

I opted for the TLR-2, it hangs over a bit more than I prefer but I like the features. Removed the stock "GL Key" and attached the "1913 Key", solid, snug fit. Batteries bay took a minute to figure out but now that I have it, very straight-forward.

I just dialed in the laser, functions well and feels fantastic. Especially manipulating the controls, very natural. Nice having the small selector switch on the botton as well to switch from Laser - Light - Laser/Light Combo

Anyone who has been shooting with tac-lights having difficulties with FTEs?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ppqtlr2.jpg (25.0 KB, 567 views)
File Type: jpg ppqtlr2-2.jpg (25.0 KB, 464 views)

Last edited by Boogs; 02-16-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added another pic
Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #22

tonydoberman .22
So I bought this LED light/ Green Laser combo on a whim, got a great deal on it off of ebay. The light/laser work perfectly, and the mount fits snug on the accessory rail. It is easy to take on and off, probably 30 seconds for each. But it does slightly move if forced back and forth, probably about 1/16 of an inch. The movement is with the direction of the barrel, NOT side to side. Seems to me that I could put some sort of adjustment piece to make it more secure... Any ideas?

I am happy to report that I put two full magazines through my PPQ today at the range with the light/laser mounted and had no malfunctions at all like reported with some of these, it worked like a champ. Also it didnt seem to move the light/laser at all.

I think it needs some slight windage adjustment as it was about an inch left of the bullseye from 25 feet, does this sound pretty good? How close can you dial these things in? This is my first laser sight.

Thanks everyone.

[IMG]
Walther PPQ with Laser Light by tj.lass, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by tonydoberman; 02-19-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: photo link fix
tonydoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #23

Boogs .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydoberman View Post
So I bought this LED light/ Green Laser combo on a whim, got a great deal on it off of ebay
It looks an awful lot like a TLR-2, but i don't know of them producing a model with a green laser and some of the features are a bit different.. what is it?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #24

tonydoberman .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
It looks an awful lot like a TLR-2, but i don't know of them producing a model with a green laser and some of the features are a bit different.. what is it?
Its a Laserspeed... from what I understand its a knock off of the TLR, streamlight sued, and laserspeed ceased to exist lol. But it doesnt have the optional brackets for 1913, GL, etc... I'll post a few more pics. Thanks for the reply.
tonydoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #25

Boogs .22
I put 50 through the range last week with the TLR-2 attached, not one issue: snug, secure, no FTE, FTF, flawless. The laser really lets you know how steady (or unsteady) your hands are one thing to note that with the hangover of the light, the gunpowder obviously gets on the casing material of the TLR-2, and after cleaning it seemed some of it was slightly burnt- perhaps a reason for some to lean towards the Virdian's posted above or TLR-3 or 4. Anyway, looks great and operates well, all I could ask for.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #26

Qcsmitty .22
TLR-1S on my PPQ .40 S&W

Walther PPQ M1 .40 S&W, PPQ M1 9mm, PPQ M2 9mm, P99C AS 9mm

Last edited by Qcsmitty; 03-03-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Qcsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #27

nolexforever .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremist View Post
Your TLR-3 must be different than mine. With the C Key, the light will not fit flush at the rear and still have full rail contact, it tilts up. Your pictures seems to show that the light is tilted up a bit, but the rails look like they are parallel to the frame.

On mine, the best fit I can get is with the "E" key, and when fitted leaves a 3/8-1/4" gap between the rear housing and the trigger guard.

See my photo's here: https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...tml#post145070

James
"C" key does not work on my PPQ either. tilts up too much to make full contact on the rail. I filed down the "F" key and it sits slightly closer than the "E" key and it works better for me. I have enough finger length on the light toggle without loosening my grip.

nolexforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #28

Boogs .22
Great pick on the S, Qcsmitty- great pics too!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #29

jonm61 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolexforever View Post
"C" key does not work on my PPQ either. tilts up too much to make full contact on the rail. I filed down the "F" key and it sits slightly closer than the "E" key and it works better for me. I have enough finger length on the light toggle without loosening my grip.
That most likely comes down to being the problem with putting a light designed for subcompacts on a Pic rail, since subcompacts don't have Pic rails.
When the SHTF, you won’t rise to the occasion, you’ll default to the level of your training.
Member NRA, USCCA, GeorgiaCarry.org
jonm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #30

Qcsmitty .22

Walther PPQ M1 .40 S&W, PPQ M1 9mm, PPQ M2 9mm, P99C AS 9mm

Last edited by Qcsmitty; 03-03-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Qcsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
light for walther ppq
ppq laser

ppq light

walther ppq accessories

walther ppq flashlight

walther ppq laser

walther ppq light

walther ppq tactical light

walther ppq viridian c5l
walther ppq weapon light
walther ppq with light
walther ppq x300
Click on a term to search for related topics.