PPQ Holsters? - Page 74 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #731
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
This post was really stimulated by another post in another thread concerning the availability of PPQ M2 45 OWB specific holsters.

I know we have some GREAT forum sponsors that make holsters. And I'm sure some of them make an OWB holster for the 45.....I've just not checked em' to verify.

However, I've been using Safariland holsters for OWB carry and am very happy with they way they carry and specifically the method of retention and release. I've owned and have used the sued lined 6377, 'thumb release' holsters and liked em'. However, Safariland has updated their line with a new series of retention holsters, with models to fit the PPQ in ALL calibers and barrel lengths, including the 45.

Here are some pictures of one of my Safariland holsters that I use to carry one of my 5" Q's. I might add that this holster will allow for carrying a gun with an optic.

I carry these with all the forward cant the system allows, and this works out perfectly for me. I can sit in a chair and the muzzle end of my (5") holster will almost, but not quite touch the seat cushion....just like the butt of the gun...it will almost, but not quite touch the rear of the seat back. Works in my recliner, my truck, McDonalds....etc.

I use this carry method, but still use a cover garment (larger t-shirt)....it DOES make a slight bulge....unlike when I carry IWB....they just fade away.

As usual, I did make two modifications to accommodate this method of carry. Firstly, I made a sweat shield to keep the slide from touching my skin, as I do use this for concealed (well, sort of concealed) carry. Secondly, I noticed at the end of the day, the outside (shirt side) of my slide was DRY....the t-shirt had soaked up all the oil off my slide....I didn't like that. So, I made a 'rear slide shield' out of kydex...protects the rear of the slide from being wiped dry of oil by my t-shirt, AND it offers some protection to the rear sight as well. Now, I know you're wondering about this piece, but I can assure you that when I fire the pistol (with this piece attached) it flies right off...little bit to the rear and to the ground. So far, I'm liking it.

Here's a few pictures....again this is for one of my 5" Q's in 9mm/40.....but Safariland makes em' for the 45 as well.

Thanks to Photobucket, all the links are broken.....removed.

The rear sight/slide cover fits so nicely, you have to look twice to even notice it.

A close up of the rear cover.

Back side of the holster. Yep, I make a leather 'sweat shield' backed with neoprene.

Top view of the shield....with a slot that allows me to use the sights as if the shield wasn't even there. So, pull, fire.....there goes the kydex cover.....it happens so fast you don't even notice it.

Side view.

Holster, showing the leather sweat shield. Notice the release mechanism near the trigger guard of the holster. You simply assume a natural grip on the gun and your middle finger will automatically actuate the release lever.

And they're cheap....$50 to $55......

Last edited by imaoldfart; 08-13-2017 at 10:51 AM.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #732
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Here's my latest addition....a weapon light, kydex OWB holster from KT-Mech.com. KT MECH LLC - weapon light holsters I ordered a holster for a 5" M2 with Viridian X5L, with the intentions of carrying a 4" or 5". I also ordered the optional 'tension' adjuster....not being sure if I'd really the tensioner or not. Long story short, I liked the tension built into the holster with NO additional tension from the tension screw.

In the end, I removed the tensionen screw and cut off about 5/8" from the end of the holster.

Thanks to Photobucket, all the links are broken.....removed.

Here's the before pictures.

And back side, also showing the magnet I attached to the back of the holster for 'auto on/off' of the laser/light.

Now, after the whack job....a nice whack job at that.

Yep, I had to drill another hole in the belt loop attachment to get a little more cant.

Fits nice and snug to my side.

VERY pleased with this holster....quick to deliver too....about two weeks from order to delivery.

Almost forgot...here's a picture of the pistol slid about an inch out of the holster....the magnetic switch in the light automatically turns the light/laser 'on'. Push the pistol back into the holster, where the magnet (attached to the back side of the holster) aligns with the magnetic switch within the light and it turns 'off'.
Gunsite_Grad likes this.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 08-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #733

mrnate8 .22
Off The Grid Concepts & Vedder

After reading increasing concerns with the Blackhawk Serpa holster, I'm in the market for a new one for my 4" PPQ M2 and from my understanding, the Serpa is illegal in both USPSA and IDPA competitions.

I contacted both Raven and Bravo Concealment and neither of them currently offer any OWB holsters for the PPQ. Apparently they are only selling stock and ready-to-ship items only, so I guess that means my firearm isn't as popular as the Glocks and Springfields.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Off The Grid Concepts or Vedder holsters or offer any similar style suggestions?
mrnate8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #734

BigDog15 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnate8 View Post
After reading increasing concerns with the Blackhawk Serpa holster, I'm in the market for a new one for my 4" PPQ M2 and from my understanding, the Serpa is illegal in both USPSA and IDPA competitions.

I contacted both Raven and Bravo Concealment and neither of them currently offer any OWB holsters for the PPQ. Apparently they are only selling stock and ready-to-ship items only, so I guess that means my firearm isn't as popular as the Glocks and Springfields.

Does anyone have any experience with either the Off The Grid Concepts or Vedder holsters or offer any similar style suggestions?
I have an Off The Grid Concepts ADR Mk1 IWB holster for my PPQ as well as an RCS phantom. The OTG and Raven are equal in quality (imho) and seem to use the same thickness kydex. I use the ADR as an AIWB holster with no complaints or problems. (No sharp or rough edges!) I use an RCS clip on it and can probably add a claw with some mods to the rubber washers. If I needed a duty type holster for the PPQ I would likely get the OWB version of the ADR with the thumb break

My ADR has the adjustable retention option which is essentially two large rubber washers between the screws below the trigger guard. The retention seems to come from pressure around the rail, not the trigger guard.

OTG produced and delivered the holster in the timeframe they quoted and were perfectly willing to help me out with a custom kydex holster for an old S&W 3rd Gen I was looking at buying. So no complaints there.

The OTG Sidewinder looks to be a good option as well (I was going to get it but the RCS Phantom was being sold at great price by a forum member and was too good to pass up!). To be honest, the light/no-light option is very interesting and what really enticed me to nearly purchase the Sidewinder.

Another option (if you want a pancake style kydex holster) is Pitbull Tactical. I've heard good things about them and they provide all the necessary hardware for IWB and OWB with the holster.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigDog15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #735
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I've purchased 4 OWB KT-Defender holsters from KT-Mech.....I REALLY like em'. Received one for my PPQ 45 today. Based on my previous holsters and handi work, I know exactly what I needed to do. I glued a magnet to the back of the holster, lined up with the magnetic switch on the Viridian X5L. Made a kydex hat to fit over the round magnet, glued that puppy on. 30 minutes later I whacked off about 1/2" off the bottom of the holster and made a nice rounded transition on either side. Also did a little whack-a-doin' on the front belt clip, allowing me to mount it a little higher, giving me some forward cant. ALL done.....got er' strapped on right now. Oh, and if you didn't notice that's a 14 round mag.

These KT-Defender holsters are excellent CC rigs......fitting really close to the body.

The first two photos are of the original 'unmodified' holster.....except for the magnet.
The last two photos are after I did my whackin' and blendin'.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 08-13-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #736

Carolina .22
I know this is an old post but has anyone found a safariland drop leg thigh holster that works well for a ppq m2 navy wearing a streamlight tlr-2 light? Thanks have a good one
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #737

snapshot .22
I have been replacing my carry holsters with Vedder holsters, i find their Light Tuck to be the best fitting holster i have bought, i now have three of them.
The steel belt clip sure beats the non metal ones i had with other holsters.
https://www.vedderholsters.com
snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #738

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
I have been replacing my carry holsters with Vedder holsters, i find their Light Tuck to be the best fitting holster i have bought, i now have three of them.
The steel belt clip sure beats the non metal ones i had with other holsters.
https://www.vedderholsters.com
I've been using the Q45 Vedder Light Tuck for over 6 months now. Great unit...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03324 (2).jpg (576.3 KB, 38 views)
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #739

snapshot .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
I've been using the Q45 Vedder Light Tuck for over 6 months now. Great unit...
Thats the next holster on my list to buy, and i will buy the same one you bought i like that material you picked.
snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #740

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
Thats the next holster on my list to buy, and i will buy the same one you bought i like that material you picked.
I wasn't sure I would like the CF look, but knew it was the right choice when I unboxed it.
snapshot and airmech like this.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
holster for ppq
holster for walther ppq
holster walther ppq
holsters for walther ppq

ppq holster

ppq holsters
walther ppq
walther ppq accessories
walther ppq duty holster

walther ppq holster

walther ppq holsters
walther ppq iwb holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.