Separate PPQ Section? - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

View Poll Results: Do we need a new PPQ fourm?
Yes, it's sure to be a hit and draw a lot of posts 98 69.01%
No, it's close enough to a P99 we can use the current forum 21 14.79%
Sorta. Just rename the current section to say "P99/PPQ" 23 16.20%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #21

balance .22
I see what you're saying, but honestly, I don't think that Walther is thinking of us (USA) when designing pistols. From what I've been hearing (over the internet), they stay in constant competition with H&K to get government contracts in Europe. Everytime I hear of a new contract being awarded in Europe, it is usually from one of these two manufacturers. I read on the H&K forum that H&K supposedly rushed the design and release of the P30 so that a large contract would not be awarded to Walther.

I don't think Wather as a company is stupid. If they really cared about the market in the USA, I would think that they would at least advertise their pistols, or listen to customer demands and make pistols that we would all like to buy (PPS with AS trigger), but they don't seem to care what we think, and it seems they have different priorities. It's no surprise that H&K is the same way.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #22

eliminator .22
It's clear the PPQ offers significant changes over the P99, changes which should warrant its own section here. It is its own model and has every indication of being a fine weapon. I look forward to buying a PPQ and will do so as soon as they become available.
eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #23

Deputy .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
I like the way that looks better than the PPQ

But, back to the task at hand - I say, give it its own section!

I still believe that they may eventually discontinue the normal P99
Ditto for me for the exact same reason. And if the Pee Pee has a decent trigger, it's bye bye to my P99AS.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by Deputy; 03-18-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
Supporting Member

uncut .22
there are too many technical differences for the PPQ to fall under the P99

it is already confusing enough for most people to keep all the P99 appart.... let alone dump the PPQ in this section too

Nothing but the best for the best
Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #25

gorenut .22
I personally think the current P99 section could maybe be renamed to implement both and perhaps even more pistols in the line that are similar enough. My thinking is this:

Like it or not, this forum doesn't get as high volume as posts as some of the others out there (I actually like it like this)... however, with fewer posters, you really start setting yourself to too much fragmentation and really not enough posting in each section if you have too many sections. If you go to the smith-wessonforum, you'll see they've pretty much put their poly semis in 1 section, their vintage revolvers in another, and present line into one. Of course S&W has way more handguns out there, but I think that forum has just about the right sections, especially considering their post-base.
gorenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #26
Supporting Member

uncut .22
while I get that point.... my thinking is ....
some people come here for general info ... and some can't seperate the P99 from a P99/AS or P99/QA.... or first to second Gen

Nothing but the best for the best
Old 03-30-2011, 02:06 AM   #27

gorenut .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncut View Post
while I get that point.... my thinking is ....
some people come here for general info ... and some can't seperate the P99 from a P99/AS or P99/QA.... or first to second Gen
Thats true, but I can't see anyone really complaining when they see threads of other guns.. also, it allows people run into happy mistakes. I'm sure many (I'm in this category) don't ever visit the other sections. Who knows if you randomly stumble on to a thread and learn something new that you otherwise would never have before.

To be honest, thats kind of how I even ran into P99s and eventually this forum. I was in a forum under a general handgun section while I was in the mindset of purchasing an H&K P30. Then someone posted something about P99s in a thread and noticed how much the P30 had some physical similarities of P99s. Did more research and here I am now, awaiting my P99 to arrive.
gorenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #28

HolyKngt .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Anything is possible. After seeing the mess they made of the PPS and this latest PPQ POS, nothing would surprise me. Probably some air gun retard from Umarex giving them "expert" corporate advice.

I'll buy up some used AS models to add to my three if they do that. I have no corporate alliance to Walther; my allegiance is to good product. Make a POS and I take my business elsewhere. The sad part is they could do good engineering and focus on improvement but instead they want to think like the others and build garbage. Want to sell me some new product? Easy, make them lighter, How about a 3.5 C front end with a full size grip? What about a long slide for competition? How about a 9mm PPS in a light weight with an AS trigger? How about a .22LR factory conversion kit?

No, theyd rather waste time with garbage like this. Others are licensing the original AS concept now and it is finally getting the exposure it deserves. Nobody has licensed the QA or DAO and nobody will license this PPQ POS Ill wager. Walther reps dont get it. And people wonder why businesses go under?
Wow... I think that you need to make your own gun company, and I'll start buying guns from you! All of those ideas are great!
I would definitely buy a PPS with AS mode. I would for sure buy a P99 with a 5" competition barrel!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #29
Banned

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyKngt View Post
Wow... I think that you need to make your own gun company, and I'll start buying guns from you! All of those ideas are great!
I would definitely buy a PPS with AS mode. I would for sure buy a P99 with a 5" competition barrel!
I do have a Mechanical Engineering degree and as the joke goes... "Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets"

If we had a government that promoted business maybe some new ideas would see the light of day. Sadly, that has not been the case in a long time so there is no point in trying to correct a market gap because they'll take any benefit from a new business to fund the entitlements. Nothing I mentioned is anything new in guns just a logical progression. Making another Glock wanna be is not logical.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #30

Deputy .38
Well Uncut is the Super Moderator and he advocates a seperate section, and I don't see any dissent from the other mods or RPK concerning the PPQ getting it's own location. I think we can stamp this as "case closed".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ > FAQ: PPQ

Search tags for this page
buy walther ppq
ppq vs p99
ppq vs pps
walther p99 vs ppq
walther p99 vs walther ppq

walther ppq

walther ppq release

walther ppq release date

walther ppq vs p99

walther ppq when released
walther pps vs ppq
wather ppq
Click on a term to search for related topics.