WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree238Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #451

TxGun .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Listen, I have tried to give good solid info on this forum and had nothing but people questioning it. I will just leave this thread alone from now on......
I appreciate the info you've passed on. Thanks. In any company, sometimes people get their wires crossed about what is really happening. And, what is really happening can change over time, particularly when a government entity is involved. None of that is unusual, and it's certainly not your fault. All you can do is pass on what you're hearing.
Austin Powers and Yport like this.

Last edited by TxGun; 08-06-2016 at 03:04 PM.
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #452
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Listen, I have tried to give good solid info on this forum and had nothing but people questioning it. I will just leave this thread alone from now on......
Sorry you took it that way, because all I was doing was pointing out that your two reliable factory sources are in fact contradicting each other, and that sends off in me some red flags about equally red herrings. In no way was I implying that your information was unwelcome. Indeed, what you posted merely reaffirms my suspicions that there's something dreadfully wrong with the product.
Pilotsteve, olsoul and SeaBear like this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook

Last edited by UniversalExports; 08-06-2016 at 04:23 PM.
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #453

MeloM .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
The thing that I fail to understand about this situation is that we have perfectly acceptable PP, PPK, and PPK/S pistols available to us, sometimes at better than decent prices (so long as you are patient and take your time looking), all of which work. They are reliable, they are dependable, they are accurate, and they were made well -- first time, right out of the box. Waiting for the reinvention of the wheel isn't necessary in this case. The wheel was perfected long ago, and those who tried to emulate it have come up woefully short in the intervening years.
For me, I was hoping that the new production will not veer too far from the original design, and it would come with a lifetime warranty. But I'm very happy with my Interams. I've no worries.
MeloM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #454
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_PPKS View Post
... there is a fair number of posters in this thread who don't care at all about this production, yet are just too damn opinionated and lacking in proper manners to resist their urge to remind everyone of their negative opinion of the new PPKs periodically. ....
Easy now, boyo. Opinions along with occasional facts are what this forum is all about. And most everyone to date has been more than polite about their opinions. The only folks who stray from that end, in my view, are those who seem to think that the sun rises and sets on this new iteration from Umarex and cant understand why anyone would think differently. Sound familiar?
UniversalExports likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #455
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
The only folks who stray from that end, in my view, are those who seem to think that the sun rises and sets on this new iteration from Umarex and cant understand why anyone would think differently. Sound familiar?
All too familiar. It's bad enough being a fanboy. It's absolutely silly to be a fanboy for a gun that hasn't even hit the market.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #456

Austin Powers .22
Quote:
The only folks who stray from that end, in my view, are those who seem to think that the sun rises and sets on this new iteration from Umarex and cant understand why anyone would think differently. Sound familiar?
Not even remotely. I've been saying for awhile now that something is clearly wrong with the production when so many contradictory reasons have been sited for its suspension.
Furthermore, I have repeatedly suggested lately that other users would be better off at this point just buying a used PPK.

So yeah, not sure who you're thinking of there.

However, there have been plenty of posters in this thread who have done literally nothing but repeat negative opinions such as this thread being a waste of time and the production being doomed to mediocrity/failure, or did I miss some posts in which users such as Jimbo80, MGMike, or Kat1950 said otherwise?
I've entrusted my life to a S&W PPK/S-1, it may not be able to stop the illusive 7ft/300Lbs+ Meth Head wearing 5 layers of denim and wielding a car door as a shield, but I'm fairly certain I can outrun such a beast, especially after dumping 7 rounds of .380 ACP into him.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #457
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
OK, we're done. Take a good look at the rules of engagement ... the part where we don't disparage other members. A whole lot of that's been going on here, and for no good reason. If and when an update on the Umarex newcomer can be verified, or (and better yet) makes it to the marketplace, then somebody with an interest can start a new thread.

Beating and flapping about a pistol that doesn't exist for 46 pages and more than 450 posts is one thing. Beating up on other members is not tolerated. Not here, anyway.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 08-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #458

Herb .22
PPK/S Availability

Cabela's has the PPK/S listed at $699 (black or stainless). Of course, they don't have any and has them listed as "status unavailable."
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:45 PM   #459

Austin Powers .22
Yep, just about every major firearms/sporting goods retailer has had listings for the new production for well over a year. Unfortunately, that's all they are is listings, they lack a release date, accurate pricing, or even a preorder option.
I've entrusted my life to a S&W PPK/S-1, it may not be able to stop the illusive 7ft/300Lbs+ Meth Head wearing 5 layers of denim and wielding a car door as a shield, but I'm fairly certain I can outrun such a beast, especially after dumping 7 rounds of .380 ACP into him.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #460

Herb .22
At the risk of being called a heretic, I will advise all interested that the Bersa Thunder .380 is a near clone of the PPK/S and retails for about $350. I have been wanting a Walther for several years, but finally gave up on the licensing flap that's going on and bought a Bersa. It's a fine gun that has received good reviews. I like mine a lot.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Tags
fort smith

Search tags for this page
fort smith ppk

fort smith walther ppk

new ppk

new walther ppk

new walther ppk production

walther ppk fort smith
walther ppk fort smith ar
walther ppk made in fortsmith ark usa
walther ppk new production

walther ppk news

when will walther ppk be available
when will walther ppk/s be released
Click on a term to search for related topics.