PPK-S 1983 VS PPK-S 2013 - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #21

Jaems .22
Other than the PPK/S in .22, has anyone fired one of the new 380 PPK, PPK/S from Umarex, picked it up, took it apart, or even looked at it? They are listed as stainless steel and blued. They could be steel instead of the alloy that you all hate.

Lets be a little more specific in our statements. The new PPK/S .22 is made in Germany not at the new factory in Ft. Smith. The Walther reps have stated this several times. In Fact all of Walthers .22s, including the P22 are made in Germany. With the exception, I believe, of the Classic Clones that are being sold by Umarex. Because of the expense of producing a PPK/S in .22 cal, in steel, was too expensive. The factory chose to produce it in an alloy. So it will be available to more folks.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Most of the ones that I see that are bad mouthing this product and the company, are ones that do not own or even fired it.

I once had a couple of the P22 in the 5" configuration. However, when I saw the pictures of those that had failed in the same place. I decided to sell mine. Until the new PPK/S .22 start failing or mine falls apart. I will continue to shoot the one that I have and enjoy it. I also have the a PP in .22. So I can only compare the ones that I have and I enjoy them both.

I think that we should hold our judgement on a new manufacturer until it has been out there and tested, by some in the community, for a while. If you want to really be technical and specific. There hasn't been a true Walther since 1945 the rest are just clones. Also, not all the Walthers made during the war years are true Walthers unless the have the AC and or WaA359 stamped on them.

Here I thought that it was just Porsche owners that are snobs.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #22

Bricks .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotsteve View Post
No sir. Not even close. The new magazines are more akin to the P22 than anything that goes with a PPK/S.

-Pilotsteve
Thanks a lot, Pilotsteve. I'll start a new thread with pictures of the gun and the mags,
I wanna make sure that the magazine will fit before I order it.
Bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaems View Post
...There hasn't been a true Walther since 1945 the rest are just clones. Also, not all the Walthers made during the war years are true Walthers unless the have the AC and or WaA359 stamped on them.
I don't know about that, Jaems. In the late 1970's Walther designed the P5. That pistol, Sir, is a real Walther.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #24

Pianoman .22
Good pictures and information Tanfoglio. Thank you.

Jaems,
I find the past blunders of Umarex stains the actually quality of Walther. A PK380 is far and away a different gun than the P99/PPQ. And same with the P22's and everthing else Umarex hashes out under Walthers brand. When someone with a PPX whose barrel broke in two pieces, do you think they will look at a PPQ and want to hand over more of their dollars? I would rather seem them make quality or nothing at all. The 99's and Q's is what people should think of modern day Walthers, not stuff Umarex sticks their nose into and quite frankly i wish they would stick to designing airguns and stop making subpar products under Walthers name.
Pianoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page

2013 walther ppk

new pistols for 2013

ppk vs ppk/s

ppk vs ppks

walther pp ppk comparison

walther ppk 2013

walther ppk 2013 new pistol

walther ppk forum

walther ppk forums

walther ppk vs

walther ppk vs ppks

walther ppk/s .22

Click on a term to search for related topics.