I am finally gonna send in my PPK (both S&W and Umarex are doing repairs) - Page 9 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #81
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
...and the Spanish Boots for the guy who ran the machine in the first place. A good machinist takes pride in his work, breaks hard edges with a file/stone and deburrs his finished products. Technically, there shouldn't even be a need for final inspection.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #82
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Technically that is true.

I saw it for myself at Beretta's plant in Maryland, where every machine operator had his or her own set of gauges, and gauged every part he or she machined.

But roving inspectors, and a final inspector made sure that everything went together as it should.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #83

kat1950 .22
I just cannot understand why anyone would buy an American PPK or PPK/S, whether Interarms or Smith , these are not the real deal, why not save and get a real Walther out of Germany, hell the French ones are worlds above these American clones that are loaded with MIM trash, all my Euros run excellent, have better triggers, and the fit and finish are worlds above these Americans, and now Umarex, that's a joke.

Beretta is what Walther was pre war and pre 1968 , Umarex is great if you want a Air Rifle or an Air Soft.

Last edited by kat1950; 10-04-2014 at 12:00 AM.
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #84
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
No question that the German and French pistols are top of the line. We've long said that the order for purchase was German, French (a very close second), Interarms/Ranger, and S&Walther. But broad, sweeping generalizations aren't a lot of help when decision time rolls around. I own several Interarms/Ranger pistol that work great, that fit great, that run great, that are accurate and dependable and reliable and find a place in my carry rota. Tossing them all out in the trash isn't a good move, in my view.
miltymann likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #85

kat1950 .22
[B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
No question that the German and French pistols are top of the line. We've long said that the order for purchase was German, French (a very close second), Interarms/Ranger, and S&Walther. ...
Sorry I meant no offense, my question is why someone would not save a little more to buy German or French gun over an American gun.

Last edited by searcher451; 10-04-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: bandwidth
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #86
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
[B]

Sorry I meant no offense, my question is why someone would not save a little more to buy German or French gun over an American gun.
Stainless, warranty, parts, extended tang...etc. Let's stay on topic.
KeithR likes this.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #87
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Sorry I meant no offense ...
And none taken. Many folks sign onto to a pistol for a variety of reasons, some better than others. But no question that the German and French versions of this handgun are the best of the bunch.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #88

Pier23 .22
Quote:
I just cannot understand why anyone would buy an American PPK or PPK/S, whether Interarms or Smith , these are not the real deal, why not save and get a real Walther out of Germany, hell the French ones are worlds above these American clones that are loaded with MIM trash, all my Euros run excellent, have better triggers, and the fit and finish are worlds above these Americans, and now Umarex, that's a joke.

Beretta is what Walther was pre war and pre 1968 , Umarex is great if you want a Air Rifle or an Air Soft.
As Donald Rumsfeld said, and was subsequently misquoted into another context, "Sometimes you have to go with the PPK you have, not with the PPK you would like to have."
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:10 AM   #89

silvershot .22
Just to keep this updated, I contacted S&W about the recall 2 weeks ago. Info and instructions are still on their website Smith & Wesson Safety Recalls - they sent me a prepaid Fedex label. I sent it in and received it back 10 days later - they also paid for return shipping. Gun looks great, and I will be taking it to the range next week to make sure it still fires accurately.
silvershot is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page
can a ppk made by smith and wesson be sent back for repairs
i want my recalled gun back unfixed?

ppk fort smith

ppk recall fix.
reagan ppk
s&w ppk, warranty
sending gun for repair to walther fort smith
umarex ppk full auto
umarex walther pp9 hiring in fort smith
walther ppk recall update
witch walther are made in arkansas
Click on a term to search for related topics.