Reloading 7.65 for PP, PPK and PPK/s - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #21

halfmoonclip .22
Hadn't visited in awhile, thought I'd respond to Doc Larsen's comments.
To a degree, I concur that it is easier to learn to reload on a single stage press and grasp the basics before moving on to a progressive.
But there is also an issue of spending money twice; to no small degree, it comes down to how mechanical, careful and patient you are.
If you are willing to start slowly, then the progressive shouldn't be too much of a leap, and it's hard to argue with the ease and speed it will eventually let you achieve.
Make it religion to double check settings, check the throweight frequently, and stop if something doesn't feel right. Two of the biggest dangers are a double charge and no charge; both have the potential for real trouble.
The 650 auto-indexes, which can be a convenience but makes it tough to back up to check something. The 550 is manual advance, which solves the 'backing up' issue; just make it a practice to park the charged case in station 3 so that it isn't skipped or charged again.
Keep good records and label your ammo; it saves learning something twice, and helps to determine the reason for any problem that is encountered later.
Moon
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #22

halfmoonclip .22
Since I loaded 500 rounds of .32 recently, time to revisit this.
First, load. I've bumped to 2.2 grains of Bullseye for more reliable operation in a variety of things, including a Czech Scorpion, the semi-auto version of their PDW.
Secondly, I've been buying Berry's 71 grain plated round nose, which are sized .312. The larger bullets work okay with a standard sizing die, rather than the undersize Lee, tho a firm crimp is desirable to avoid bullet push-back. There seem to be no pressure signs with the bigger bullets and heavier charge.

Finally, went to that standard sizing die because I was encountering difficulty with bullets wanting to seat crooked; they sit more nicely in the case with the larger die. An RCBS seating die also helped.

I was also reminded that Dillon doesn't make .32 die sets, and mine are a dog's breakfast of Lee and RCBS, with a Dillon shell holder/powder funnel that were actually made for another caliber.
It is a really nice caliber to shoot, and I've been drooling over a Beretta Tomcat.
Moon
Nieto likes this.
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page

7.65 pistol bullets for reloading

berry's bullets in walther ppk/s
ppk bore size
reloader walther ppk/s

reloading for walther pp

reloading the walther ppk
walther bb gun pistols, ppk/s, reload
walther customer support dillon
walther pp bore diameter
walther ppk bullets .309
walther ppk/s bore diameter

what kind of bullets does a walther ppk 7.65mm use

Click on a term to search for related topics.