Cleaning and storing a 1941 (and all other) PP/PPK models - Page 5 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #41

Zellaman .22
Hello,
I used Ballistol cleaner, lubricant and preservative.
Ballistol was invented in Germany before WW I and is an excellent product on the old bluing on our Walthers. I have all my early PPs and PPKs covered with Ballistol and stored in the Bore Stor bags that allow your guns to breath, while encased in a protective silicon treated bag that wicks off moisture. You can buy it on line or at most gun shows.
ErichS likes this.
Zellaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #42

Martin .22
+1
For me Ballistol is "the one and only" lubricant. Best for black powder as well, because it emulsifies with water.

Welcome to Ballistol USA!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #43

AoxoMoxoA .22
Gotta throw my vote in for Ballistol as well. Haven't seen a spot of rust on any of my firearms since I began wiping them down with it. Smells pretty good too...
AoxoMoxoA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #44
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoxoMoxoA View Post
...Smells pretty good too...
And as we all know, that's most important! The froggy stuff smells like peppermint, Hoppes smells like fine cologne and I've yet to find Ballistol to form an opinion. Hopefully it doesn't smell like Krauts - I have enough experience with that!

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #45

ErichS .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellaman View Post
Hello,
I used Ballistol cleaner, lubricant and preservative.
Ballistol was invented in Germany before WW I and is an excellent product on the old bluing on our Walthers. I have all my early PPs and PPKs covered with Ballistol and stored in the Bore Stor bags that allow your guns to breath, while encased in a protective silicon treated bag that wicks off moisture. You can buy it on line or at most gun shows.
Agree, Bore Store socks are the best!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #46

gene 1 .22
I know I will take more ribbing on this but Frog Lube is great. I haven't found Ballistol yet but I think the Frog is all I need. Look it up on www.froglube.com ,it does have some super referances.

I am boxing all my other cleaners and oil because this stuff is super to work with. It doesn't eat your plastic, or melt your site paint but it does make everything really slick & washs off your hands with soap & water & does smell like mint. I know moon likes Hoppes, but look at this. I have the slickest PPK 380 I ever had.

Some of that other cleaner I had & it was good stuff ,you needed a mask to use. Try the Frog , you will like it. It is also supposed to be good for storage but i don't know yet.

I forgot to add, it was 8 Navy Seals that developed it & are supposed to use it.

Last edited by gene 1; 02-05-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: additions
gene 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #47

Yoxford .22
Agree with Gene 1....hands down, Frog-Lube, its the best of all the cleaner, lubricant and preservatives I have ever used. New PPK .380 flawless 200 rounds, FMJ & JHP.

Last edited by Yoxford; 08-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Yoxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #48

axyardbob .22
just an aside on the ballistol if you check out their info it tells you that treating your leather holsters with ballistol will neutralize the acidity of the salts and preserve the leather and help to keep it supple and will make it a suitable storage container for the very thing it was designed to carry and protect .It has worked beautifully for my P-38 and it's holster as well as my PP and it's covered holster.A friend had a p-38 his dad brought home from the war said it was always stored in the holster guess what the holster smells like ? ayb p.s. come to think of it that was what my P-38 holster smelled like when it was first removed from the box the first time I ever saw it I never put 2 and 2 together till just now ,I knew that smell was familiar.
axyardbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #49

GonzoGeezer .22
I also have taken to using plastic bag storage for guns with boxes that play well within my limited storage space. The pieces stored without boxes are in gun socks. Everything gets light oiling internally with Ballistol and the outside wiped with a silicone cloth before being bagged or socked. A-OK so far.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page
1911a1 1941
boeshield for parkerized guns

boeshield t-9 for guns

cleaning codes pp and a
cleaning ppk
frog lube for breech face
how to clean a carl walther waffenfabrik
how to clean an ppk

i need to clean a severly rusted walters pp

pistol rug size ppk
remington 1021 shotgun
t9 boeshield gun
Click on a term to search for related topics.