Just bought a TPH .22 - Page 5 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #41

00DAN .22
It's a 22 lr. It doesn't feed well half the time. And the other, it just doesn't fire. I'm feeding it cci mini mags as well. Thanks for the info. I will look into it
00DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #42

GonzoGeezer .22
My Interarms and Ulm TPH .22s run fine with HV ammo, especially CCI Velociter.
pilkguns likes this.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #43
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
... If you still can't get it running give M&M Gunsmithing a call:

M&M Gunsmithing
Contact Us
2423 Carter Grove Rd Hazel Green Al. 35750
571-276-7676
E-mail [email protected]
E-mail [email protected]
This is really the ONLY practical solution, and even so, there are a few out there that even McClellan can't fix. They just plain weren't made right.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #44

KSDeputy .22
I have a SS Interarms model in my collection. Never fired except at factory, and it has two magazines. As a backup pistol I would much prefer the PPK.
KSDeputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #45

JB in SC .22
TPH's....

Some are problematic, my first early US one (cardboard box and one mag) would only reliably feed and fire Stingers from a flawlessly clean barrel. The last one I bought late in production has been 100% reliable with most any 40 grain .22 LR round. It even works with the WW 40 grain SSHP's.

As info, there was an article quite a few years ago in Rifle magazine on the TPH, Issue #118, July 1988 "The Argument for Small Caliber Handguns". Interesting read for TPH owners.
JB in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:29 AM   #46

Adam01364 .22
This past weekend, an opportunity to acquire a .22 Interarms TPH presented itself. It's in very nice condition, with the original Interarms box, has the papers and test target. I swallowed hard at the price tag, but in the end, it ended coming home with me. In the past five years, it's only the second time I've run across a TPH, (and I passed on the first one and regretted doing it.) I rationalized my decision to purchase this time by telling myself "TPH lightning" wasn't going to strike three times -particularly in the state where I live.

Yesterday I had a chance to take the TPH out to the range and try it out. I've read here that the Interarms TPH's could be problematic, and I wanted to find out what I had: A shooter or a jam-o-matic. Not wanting to waste range time (just in case the TPH was a lemon) I took along another pocket .22 - a TPH clone wannabe: an Iver Johnson TP-22. The TP-22's Zamak construction makes for a thicker pistol and the controls aren't nearly as smooth as the TPH's. But was neat to have the two side-by-side for comparison.

In the end I'm happy to report the TPH worked flawlessly with the CCI Mini-mags I fed it.

Last edited by Adam01364; 06-21-2016 at 06:36 AM.
Adam01364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #47

milgunsguy .22
closed

closed post

Last edited by milgunsguy; 07-25-2018 at 10:10 PM.
milgunsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #48

SARGE7402 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00DAN View Post
My tph barely fires. I've only shot two kinds of ammo but have had many misfires. Too pretty of a pistol to let it go. Hope this issue can be solved.
00 I had similar issues with mine until I ordered and had my dealer replace the firing pin. Seems that some one had done a lot of dry firing and had shortened the firing pin. Now it has a good time with almost any good ammo Thunderball CCI etc
SARGE7402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #49

SARGE7402 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by milgunsguy View Post
I passed up one of those Iver Johnson .22LR TPH look-alikes. Does yours shoot OK?

I ask because when the gunshop owner offered me the TP-22 I asked if he would guarantee it to shoot and he just laughed and took it back.

Depends who you talk to. Mine shoots pretty good. There is steel in places where steel is needed. There was a town in New Jersey that bought and issued their PD TP 22's as their off duty/back up weapons.

SARGE7402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #50

Adam01364 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by milgunsguy View Post
I passed up one of those Iver Johnson .22LR TPH look-alikes. Does yours shoot OK?

I ask because when the gunshop owner offered me the TP-22 I asked if he would guarantee it to shoot and he just laughed and took it back.
My TP-22 shoots great. The gun does have a lot of zamack in it, but they used steel in all the right places. These are not highly sought after pieces, the gunshop owner knows what he's got on his hands. If it looks good, and you can get it for $100 or so, in my opinion it would be a decent deal. Just remember, it's not a true clone of a Walther.
Adam01364 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page

best ammo for walther tph

best ammo walther tph
how can i tell when my walther tph .22 was manufactured

interarms walther tph .22

walther 22 tph magazine
walther tph .22 for sale

walther tph 22 for sale

walther tph 22lr for sale

walther tph ammo
walther tph for ccw
walther tph manual
walther tph slide problem
Click on a term to search for related topics.