The "Safety Tripping on While Shooting" troubleshooting thread. - Page 31 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2015, 12:25 PM   #301
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Well, frump. Give Mike a call or send him an email:

M&M Gunsmithing
2423 Carter Grove Rd
Hazel Green, Al 35750
Phone: 571-276-7676
E-mail: [email protected]

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #302

ChiefRodge .22
M&M status

Just sent him an email.
Also ordered springs and plungers for my two PPKs
Thanks for all of the research guys.
Chief

UPDATE:
This past weekend, 4 April, Mike e-mailed me and said the site was back up, and he is still going strong.
"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Last edited by ChiefRodge; 04-07-2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Update on post to save space.
ChiefRodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #303

Mirage .22
Update:
I left my old spring in my gun and started shooting a BUG match.
On the 12th round, the the safety flipped to safe. I installed the new spring after the first stage, and it ran flawless for the remaining 75 rounds of the match.
ChiefRodge likes this.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #304

ChiefRodge .22
Update on my PPK/S

I received my new springs and detent pins fro Numrich. As Steve or someone noted, the detents were aprox 1/8" longer than stock. As per the general group request, One Thing at a Time...
First, I swapped out the spring, (which the new one was aprox 1/8" longer than the old one). (Note: the two springs I received were NOT identical; one was close wound with small wire, and the other was loos wound with heavier wire. Both miked out the same length.)
I ran 2 full eight round loads through flawlessly. The third mag, I did not put one in the hole and just ran 7 rds. Flawless. BUT... after the last rnd, the slide locked open, and whammo.... the safety was between fire and safe!
I loaded a mag, and third rnd, it decocked. Refired; and second rnd decocked.
Took it back down, and swapped out the detent pin. There was sooo much tension, I could not get the ejector in. Thinking that the ling tail on the new detent was bottoming out on the ejector keeper, I took some off (1/16") and it still would not go. I am guessing the spring is at full compression. Removed the safety barrel and under a loupe, found the pocket had a worn spot at the rim, making a nice ramp for the detent pin to slip out of. This is where I am at. I intend to excavate the worn area, to a deeper depth. It is already snafu, so at this point, I can only make it better, or make it worse. In which case I will have to buy a new safety barrel. I anticipate success with the mod. Chief Out
"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."
Old 04-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #305

ChiefRodge .22
spelling

please forgive my lack of spell check in the above post.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #306

TnKanRick .22
I had this same problem. The solution was to remove the Safety Catch and using a Demel tool (equipped with a small conical shaped grinding stone) to deepen the detent pin depression. It just took a few seconds of Dremeling to get the job done.
druryj likes this.
TnKanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #307

druryj .22
So I see that we have had no new posts here in TWO years...well, let me revive the thread then and say that my IA PPK/S is now doing this safety tripping on while firing thing. It is the one I just got back from Walther in Ft Smith; they replaced a broken safety drum for me...Crap. So; first things first. Let me very carefully take it down per the instructions in "Dismounting the Safety..." and get a close look... I shall report back.

Last edited by druryj; 09-02-2017 at 08:38 PM.
druryj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:33 AM   #308

Johnnyk .22
I believe i've posted the "cure" here a while back, but i'll share how I fixed this problem in my stainless PPK and stainless PPK/S...
I thought about the mechanics of what would possibly be happening during functioning that would make the hammer go to "safe" and it was obvious: When the slide is moving forward the safety drum is contacted by the hammer. If the surfaces of the hammer and/or the bottom of the safety drum are uneven/rough it would cause friction. The safety would naturally be flipped to the "on" position as it passed over the hammer if there was enough friction between the two parts.
Solution: I first used fine emery cloth to polish the contact surfaces where the bottom of the safety drum and hammer contact one another. I then used a polishing wheel on a Dremel for a final smoothing of the surfaces. Simple as that. Haven't had a single problem with either gun since.
imaoldfart and ChiefRodge like this.
Johnnyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page

ppk pistol firing pin seat

ppk safety
ppk/s safety goes on when firing
smith and wesson ppks safety catch plunger
walther model 4 safety catch
walther pp safety catch lever
walther ppk 7.65 safety catch

walther ppk safety catch

walther ppk safety lever
walther ppk/s 380 triping safty whil shooting

walther ppk/s safety problems

why does the safety on a ppk walters 380 drop when firing
Click on a term to search for related topics.