Import Marks...Experts Forward Please - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Well said, Autonut. I was lucky enough to find a gorgeous 1974 PP recently at a huge gun show. The seller didn't know what he was talking about and I got it for $625.00 tax free. Box, cleaning rod, manual and both magazines, too. All it needed was a dose of Mike's wisdom, a new set of magazines and it's crisp. Sometimes we do get lucky, even though I don't believe in luck.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #22

autonut .22
Now you know that luck is always as good as talent. I have been lucky a time-or-two myself. I buy and sell guns all the time and partner with a couple of guys. We usually have 8 to 10 tables at all the area shows, but you rarely see many Walthers and the ones that do have them, know what they have. The vast majority of customers now want the polymer guns and mostly a Glock or a Sig.

Last edited by autonut; 04-04-2012 at 07:25 PM.
autonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #23

autonut .22
OK folks...for you old enough to remember Dale Robertson and the Pall-Mall commercials (when smoking was popular)...I have been over-under-around-and-thru this little pistol and it bears no import marks. Only the usual stuff....Eagle-Over-N the date code and the stag antler on the frame where it is suppose to be. The slide only bears the SN and the tilted Eagle-Over-N after that and then on the other side, just the usual stuff as in Made in West Germany....etc. There is NOTHING under the grips, or anyplace else on the pistol. The mags are unmarked, one has the "period" finger-rest and the other the plain floor-plate...just like they ship them.

Somebody got this one in-country in a duffel-bag, or their dirty underwear. It's just a totally black (beautiful Walther blue) unmarked little pistol. I think it has been fired a bit more than just a test firing, but if it has, the mags show no marks at all, neither does the magazine well. The feed-ramp is also deep blue.

It might not be rare....but I will settle for uncommon.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #24

alfonzo .22
The only issue would be that because it was not Interarms
marked during the time when Interarms was in business
I don't believe they were responsible for repair under
warranty, now; I may be wrong but just my opinion.

There are also a few non import marked PPK pistols that were imported after 1968, as I said previously most were from U.S. Military
that were purchased most likely in Germany.

During the early 1980's Walther in Germany was manufacturing
the PPK, PPK/L, PPK/S, and PP, in .22 LR. .32, and .380.
The PPK/L only in .22 LR, and .32. However a
few PPK/L pistols were made in .380, one person who knows
Walthers stated that some were made in .380 for special op's.

Last edited by alfonzo; 04-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.
alfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #25

autonut .22
I don't consider any Walther I have under warranty from anybody. Since Smith does not make the 22....I don't see how they could fix it anyway and I'd never send it to them in the first place. I am more of a collector of spare parts and try to keep the ones on hand for all of my guns that may likely fail. My PPK/S-1 32 is a different story, I suppose they would be able to perform warranty work on it, if it came to that.

I really don't shoot my Walthers like some of you guys do. I take one out now-n-then and plink-around. I have other well-used guns that take-up most of my shooting time. I don't reload for anything but 38-Special and 357 Magnum. I shoot a lot of that stuff, but never have felt the justification to invest in 32 or 380 dies.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page
import marks on p38
p 38 import marks
p38 import
p38 import mark

p38 import markings

p38 import marks

walther import markings
walther import marks
walther p-38 import marks
walther p38 import

walther p38 import marks

where are p38 import markings
Click on a term to search for related topics.