Walther PP & PPK Date Charts (See Post#2) - Page 11 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #101

Poloberst .22
Are the slide markings and serial number still nice and clear? Usually post-war nickle jobs involved heavy buffing. It is very difficult if not impossible to determine. The Walthers of the 1930s were imported in the US without markings. Nickle finish was a request that added to the cost. No real way to determine when or where. Most people presume post war nickle job. Perhaps your granddad also had the papers allowing him to return with it from overseas? No other way to determine origin IMO.
Poloberst is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #102

fastwheel33 .22
No everything is very clear. The serial #, the proof marks, the name and all on the left side if the slide are all realy clear. To me it looks like all the letters and numbers were stamped after finishing. I've had chroming work done on cars and the imperfections get chrome. In thgem, this doesn't look that way. Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by guns from the thirties were imported with no markings. Is that no numbers, proof marks, or labeling? Or nothing indicating import like the IA guns today. Thank you for your time and for sharing the information.
fastwheel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #103

Poloberst .22
Excuse my lack of clarity. I meant without import company markings. Though I would think that Germany would have been stamped on it if imported back then. Your description of the condition of the markings sounds good. On the other hand, a long time Walther collector, expert and table holder at the annual Louisville Gun Day and SOS once stated that in his opinion, all original plated Walther PPs had blued rear sights, as they were assembled after plating. Regardless of the condition, your plated gun will be regarded as post 1945 plating. It is just a fact of life.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #104

fastwheel33 .22
Poloberst I do appreciate your time and information very much. After looking the gun over with a magnifying glass and looking at the sights I think your assessments are accurate. The rear sight is nickel, not blued and I can see where the nickel is chipped off in several places. I would have to concur on aftermarket plating. Assuming that, any ideas to what a working model from the early thirties may be worth in say "good" condition? Again thank you for all of the info.
fastwheel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #105

Poloberst .22
I would check with Gunbroker.com for values. That is really your best indicator. It is just a shooter to many.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #106
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/t...tart-here.html

This is always a good place to start.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #107

hoytforlife .22
Handed down Walther PPK

I just received a Walther PPK from my father in-law who received it from his father who "aquired" it during the War. It came with two magazines, one of the magazines having the finger extender. It came with the tan holster as well. The only marking I can find on the gun is the capital "N" with a small circle and plus symbol above the N. I found a decent thread on here which dated the gun to maybe 1950 production. The serial number is 779795 with no letters following. Curious if this gun was produce during the correct era. It is 7.65 X 32. Please feel free to asl any questions. Gun is in excellent shape.
hoytforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #108
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
I'd suggest a fresh thread in this section with some quality photos of the pistol in question so that we can get a look at it. This ...

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/f...at-photos.html

... should help with the pictures.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #109

gene 1 .22
Hoyt, It looks from the SN you gave that your gun was made in 1932, as the numbers don't match for a 1950's era gun. Like Searcher said we need pictures.
gene 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #110

hoytforlife .22
Here are some phots gentlemen thanks for your help.....
hoytforlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page
walther pp serial number
walther pp serial number chart

walther pp serial number lookup

walther pp serial number search

walther pp serial numbers

walther pp serial numbers dates
walther ppk serial number chart
walther ppk serial number lookup
walther ppk serial numbers
walther serial number chart
walther serial number lookup
walther serial numbers
Click on a term to search for related topics.