Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #41

jr1975 .22
Accidental discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
The problem is that when you rack the slide with the safety on (which is the way the instruction manual recommends, incidentally), it automatically drops the hammer when the slide closes. However, if the firing pin is broken, it is no longer captive and there may be enough croquet-ball effect from the hammer's impact on the safety to drive the front fragment of the pin forward to fire.
Hi!
I lived this bad experience two days ago... My Walther came back form the gunsmith, I couldn't load a cartridge into the chamber, so when it came back, I tried... Checked the weapon, clear, security was smooth (before it was very hard...), great!, one cartridge in the magazine, security ON, racked the slide, it didn't come back completely (0.5 cm were missing, so the gun still had a problem...), and when I touched the slide again, boum!
I understand now that as the security was ON, the hammer went back... probably a broken firing pin...
I am trying now to make understand the gunsmith that I made no mistake and that this weapon is dangerous...
Let you know.
Cheers !
jr1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #42

Deputy .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1975 View Post
Hi!
I lived this bad experience two days ago... My Walther came back form the gunsmith, I couldn't load a cartridge into the chamber, so when it came back, I tried... Checked the weapon, clear, security was smooth (before it was very hard...), great!, one cartridge in the magazine, security ON, racked the slide, it didn't come back completely (0.5 cm were missing, so the gun still had a problem...), and when I touched the slide again, boum!
I understand now that as the security was ON, the hammer went back... probably a broken firing pin...
I am trying now to make understand the gunsmith that I made no mistake and that this weapon is dangerous...
Let you know.
Cheers !
Instead of arguing with the gunsmith, I suggest you return the gun to the manufacturer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Milspec likes this.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #43

jr1975 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
Instead of arguing with the gunsmith, I suggest you return the gun to the manufacturer.
Gun has been made in 78... the gunsmith took it back and was sorry for that, I did what I had to do...
jr1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #44

Deputy .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1975 View Post
Gun has been made in 78... the gunsmith took it back and was sorry for that, I did what I had to do...
I would have called Walther (the "new" Walther) and asked if they could at least look at it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Search tags for this page
accidental discharge walther ppk
can a loaded walther ppk/s have an accidental discharge
tph firing pin problem
walther pp accidental disharge

walther ppk accidental discharge

walther ppk slamfire
walther ppk/s accidental discharge
walther ppk/s discharging after fall
walther ppks slam fire?
walther ppq accidental discharge
walther pps accidental discharge
what causes ppk/s slam firing
Click on a term to search for related topics.