Some websites to help PP/PPK owners ID their guns - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums
 

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
wsearfoss .22
Just Acquired

Today I just acquired a PPKS and logged on to check the information from the forum to find the manufacture date. The gun does not has 2 letters in the serial number as the forum said it should, it starts with A and is followed by 6 numbers. Any idea how to find my manufacture date?
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
wsearfoss .22
Sorry... It is an Interarms Walther 380
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #13
Super Moderator
 
searcher451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Coast
Posts: 26,071
searcher451 .22
No known database of Interarms guns exists, sad to report. Some folks have had some degree of luck looking at the dates on the test targets that were shipped along the guns themselves.
__________________
Searcher 451

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #14
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 18
wsearfoss .22
I saw that and took the test target out of the box but there wasn't a date on it.
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 12
Domestic .22
I need help findin the "rough" production date of my interarms ppk the serial # is 068153 can anyone help? the letters look like a combination of V an A it doesnt make sense to me.
Domestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jackson MS
Posts: 11
wolfmandbl .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
I need help findin the "rough" production date of my interarms ppk the serial # is 068153 can anyone help? the letters look like a combination of V an A it doesnt make sense to me.
I bought a used Interarms PPK/S a few eeks ago. It came with the original box and manual. The copywite date in the manual is 1987. So my PPK was made in 1987 or later. My S/N is S048***. Since your S/N starts 068, It might be safe to assume it was made after 1987. Hope that helps.

Dont forget assume is spelled ASS U ME.
__________________
Save the Elephants.....exterminate a Democrat
wolfmandbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1
shutterbug13856 .22
Inherited PPK/S

Good evening everyone and thank you for all the previous info posted regarding how to find date/location of manufacture.

I just received this gun from an in-law whose husband passed away last month. On the (what I'll call) the LEFT side of the gun is the following:

Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do.
"Walther banner" PPK / S Cal. 9mm kurz

To the right of that is Made in W. Germany (2 lines)


On the RIGHT side (under the ejection port) is the following:

The "New Eagle" symbol over the letter N; next to that is the Serial #189431

To the right of that info is: INTERARMS
ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA (2 lines)

On the stainless part of the barrel at the ejection port opening is the following:

74 (a deer antler) and the "New Eagle" over the letter N

On the right side of the frame behind the trigger is the Serial #189431S

The magazine clip has at the bottom: Walther banner, above cal. 7,65mm

Appears to have black checkered plastic grips.

Minor wear on the edges of slide by the barrel opening, few minor scratches, otherwise, very clean.

***Noticed the slide does NOT stay open with an empty magazine clip in gun--shouldn't it????***

I now know the "new eagle" and the letter N mean the gun was proffed for Nitro or smokeless powder also the 74 and Deer Antler mean it was proofed in 1974 at the Ulm proof house.

Can someone direct me to a site where I can download a manual or at least disassembly/cleaning instructions? I know this gun is in good working condition because it was fired not too long ago.

I would like to offer my in-laws "something" for this gun........how much????!!

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.
shutterbug13856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #18
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 56
PPS40 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by denfoote View Post
Now did Smith continue the Walther system??

My PPK/S has XXXXAAA.
Does this mean it was made in 2000???
No they did not use any type of date code...Only date would be with the fired case in envelope, and that would only be when it was fired, not made.
PPS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
lunde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Jose, CA, USA, Earth
Posts: 356
lunde Unproven
shutterbug13856, you wrote:
Quote:
Good evening everyone and thank you for all the previous info posted regarding how to find date/location of manufacture.

I just received this gun from an in-law whose husband passed away last month. On the (what I'll call) the LEFT side of the gun is the following:

Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do.
"Walther banner" PPK / S Cal. 9mm kurz

To the right of that is Made in W. Germany (2 lines)


On the RIGHT side (under the ejection port) is the following:

The "New Eagle" symbol over the letter N; next to that is the Serial #189431

To the right of that info is: INTERARMS
ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA (2 lines)

On the stainless part of the barrel at the ejection port opening is the following:

74 (a deer antler) and the "New Eagle" over the letter N

On the right side of the frame behind the trigger is the Serial #189431S
I have a near-identical PPK/S, but mine was made in 1976. The "74" on the barrel hood of this specimen means that it was made in 1974.
Quote:
The magazine clip has at the bottom: Walther banner, above cal. 7,65mm

Appears to have black checkered plastic grips.

Minor wear on the edges of slide by the barrel opening, few minor scratches, otherwise, very clean.

***Noticed the slide does NOT stay open with an empty magazine clip in gun--shouldn't it????***
The two things that have been emboldened are related. The magazine is for .32 Auto (aka, 7.65mm), but the pistol is chambered in .380 Auto (aka, 9mm Kurz). I think that if you acquire a caliber-correct magazine, the slide should lock open with an empty magazine.
Quote:
I now know the "new eagle" and the letter N mean the gun was proffed for Nitro or smokeless powder also the 74 and Deer Antler mean it was proofed in 1974 at the Ulm proof house.
Correct.
Quote:
Can someone direct me to a site where I can download a manual or at least disassembly/cleaning instructions? I know this gun is in good working condition because it was fired not too long ago.
Here you go: http://www.carl-walther.info/files/p...sanleitung.pdf
Quote:
I would like to offer my in-laws "something" for this gun........how much????!!
I bought my near-identical pistol nearly three years ago for $600 plus $25 for the DROS fee. Mine was LNIB (99% or better), and came with everything (original serial-numbered box, extra magazine, test target, manual, and cleaning rod). Considering what you have written above, $600 or slightly less would be a fair price.
__________________
Ken (NRA/GOA/CRPA/VHA/FCSA/GSSF Life Member, SAGA/TNUSA Member)
Check out the Walther P99 FAQ: http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/
lunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
tazman .22
Thumbs up New Member

I have a PP I bought 26 years ago. The plastic grips have Manurhin at the top. The bottom of the grips have Lic. Walthers ground off them. Left side of slide has Lic. Excl.///////////// The Walthers has been stamped over. The rest of the gun is as I have seen on other photos. The right side above the serial has Valley Arms stamped in the frame. When I bought this gun the dealer had 40 of them and sold them to us for $125.00. I wish I had bought more. The blueing on the gun is a 8+. Can you tell me any thing about the gun other than what I have read on this site. Thanks I tried to insert a picture, it won't let me.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > FAQ: PP/TP


Search tags for this page
carl walther waffenfabrik ulm/do
,
deiter marschal's walther pistols
,

dieter marschall walther pistols

,

dieter marschall's walther pistols

,

walter 765

,

walther 765

,
walther pistol identification
,
walther pp 765
,

walther pp identification

,

walther pp markings

,

walther ppk identification

,

walther ppk markings

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.