WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99 > FAQ: P99

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #51

Different.Drummer .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
Somebody facile needs to patiently explain to me --as you would to a 9-year-old, because I get easily confused-- how there could be any high-capacity "pre-ban" magazines sold with P99s before September 13, 1994, when the first P99 prototype (then called the "HLP") did not arrive in the USA until 31 May 1995, the first pre-production guns with V-serial numbers did not arrive until July 1996, and the first production guns not until October 1996.

M
I asked the same question Mike. Your thoughts were my thoughts exactly.
However, after much researching and communicating with others, I have found that there is an existing belief that there were in fact magazines made for the P99 prior to the ban. ( A belief by some at least ).
With the new laws in NewYorkistan even a Pre-ban magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is illegal. So it is a moot point for me at this juncture in time. My one regular capacity magazine for my P99 resides outside the boundaries of the State. This is a fairly old thread so I forget some of the information contained herein.
But, back to your question. From the depths of my mind I remember that one of the theories was that magazines were made for Turkish use even before the pistol went into service. I also remember something about Earl having the foresight to import some magazines before the ban was placed in effect. Quite a large number of them in fact. I don't know. Did the cart get manufactured before the horse was available?
Earl claims that there are in fact "pre-ban" magazines for the P99. I think I remember that he even goes so far as to say he was the only importer allowed to bring them into the US. Some sort of special dispensation from the Feds.
Recently someone started a thread about their visit to "Earl's". It appears as though he is very much in the loop in regards to Walther products and is himself quite an accomplished individual.
I have never met him. I did have a pretty lengthy conversation with him on the phone. He was articulate and willing to spend a good deal of time speaking to me. Thus, I am not in a position to question his credibility.
That is all I know. I stopped my quest for the elusive pre-ban magazine when the laws changed in my unconstitutional State.
I will say that the magazine I own that is kept outside NewYorkistan does appear to be rather different. Witness holes on the sides, no V like indentation, no LEO or military marking and clearly marked Walther, P99 made in Italy by Mecgar. It is a 15 round magazine as evidenced by the witness holes and the number of rounds that can be placed in it. It is not a 16 round magazine.
That is all I know.
measured or far away." Thoreau
Different.Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #52
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Different.Drummer View Post
However, after much researching and communicating with others, I have found that there is an existing belief that there were in fact magazines made for the P99 prior to the ban. ( A belief by some at least ).
These are the same people who believe in the tooth fairy because they found a dime under their pillow.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #53

Different.Drummer .22
Pertinent?

"16 round magazines were an option and could be sold with the early P99's. Mine came with them.

Walther beat the '94 AWB by very little margin."

From a new thread titled
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...-markings.html
measured or far away." Thoreau

Last edited by Different.Drummer; 10-21-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Different.Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #54

JW5303 .22
Thumbs up

Heres my story, in 1999 bought a P-99 ins .40S&W as soon as my dealer got 1 and it had 2 10 round mags instead of 12 rds. due to AWB.

So I called all major dealers etc about trying to get a 12 rd. mag and was told what most say here that there are none in country and if any were avail it would be illegal to sell.

Then I called R&R guns and "GUESS WHAT" he had some and I was worried and asked what others had said about being illegal and he told me he had some from before ban and were legal and how many I wanted?

I asked his price and it was either $100. or $120. per mag (cant remember for sure) but I ordered and got a NIB 12 rd. .40 cal 1 wek later and I was "Happy as He-l"!

So they do exist and it had no different markings or stamps on it!

Still have the 2 10 rds. never used in my (almost ) Junk Pile!

Last edited by JW5303; 05-16-2016 at 11:46 AM.
JW5303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99 > FAQ: P99

Search tags for this page

10 round magazine for walther p88

ban on 10 round mags
is a pre ban ar 15 9mm leo marked a restricted weapon in massachusetts
p99 10 round magazine hold 12 rounds

p99 high capacity magazine

pre-ban witness magazine

walther p88 10 rd magazine

walther p88 10 round magazine

walther p88 10rd magazine

walther p99 12 round magazine

walther p99 magazine grip extension
which do you prefer a 12 or 10 round walther magazine
Click on a term to search for related topics.