WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   FAQ: P5 (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-p5/)
-   -   P5 Spring Video (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-p5/16470-p5-spring-video.html)

TANFOGLIO 05-13-2011 07:19 AM

P5 Spring Video

P5 Springs dis- and reassemble

RickJZ 05-13-2011 07:44 AM

excellent video!

scubatiger 05-13-2011 07:59 AM

Dittos - thanks Tanfo.

searcher451 05-13-2011 09:09 AM

Absolutely superb work, Tangfo. Many thanks for taking the time with these projects. They are terrific additions to the forum and lifesavers to many. Bravo.

Kraken58 09-11-2011 03:24 AM

My compliment, excellent video with clean and accurate practical skills. I like the surgeon gloves that adds a degree of professionalism... Bench and direct environment very clean
this guy is a pro! Thank you, keep up with the excellent work!

MGMike 09-11-2011 06:53 PM

Tanfo is very adroit and dextrous, and he makes it look deceptively easy. A couple of points that are easily missed are worth noting.

Tanfo is skilled at holding down the frame with the heel of his hand while he works on it. That is the first thing you'll need to master in order to emulate his proficiency in dismantling and reassembling the gun. Or you'll need a padded vise.

Tanfo also appreciates the importance of not letting the recoil spring guides fly forward uncontrolled into their notches in the frame, as irreparable damage can be inflicted by such abuse. Notice that all times, he is carefully restraining both the spring and the spring guide and releases them gently.

M

TANFOGLIO 09-12-2011 12:14 AM

Thank you @ all

rollin59 02-17-2012 10:23 PM

I replaced the springs in my ac44 reblued. Not as elegant an execution as Tanfo, but I did manage to restrain the springs and get the new Walther factory springs in. Not terribly hard but you do need to be careful and watch Tanfo's video. I wonder what tool he uses to compress the spring? Just a normal gunsmith screwdriver? I used a bamboo chopstick sharpened to a flat point, as suggested elsewhere.

Deputy 08-09-2013 12:40 PM

Bamboo shmamboo. I'm not going to no freaking Chinese resteraunt to obtain gun tools.:rolleyes:
I prefer the K.I.S.S. principle. Instead of fighting with springs under high tension, I simply used the back door. At the BACK of the recoil spring channel in the frame is a hole. All you have to do is feed the spring a little way into this hole and UNSCREW it from the channel. No worries about scarring up the channel with screwdrivers or bamboo or whatever. You just UNSCREW the spring and POOF...it's out. The spring guides just drop out.
To install, just reverse the screwing procedure through the same hole until you can't screw it in any further. Then you can use your fingernail to pull back the spring enough to pop it the rest of the way in.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

GonzoGeezer 08-09-2013 05:33 PM

I'd worry I'd bend the spring.