Walther p38 spezial single digit serial number. - WaltherForums
WaltherForums
 

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > The Classics > FAQ: The Classics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Denis O'Malley .22
Walther p38 spezial single digit serial number.

Any information on this pistol would be great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denis O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Kar98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,569
Kar98 .22
I can't see the serial in the pictures. Presumably somewhere between 001 and 073? If it's one of these, then it was built between 1978 and 1989. 41 with a six inch barrel and 32 seven inchers.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Denis O'Malley .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
I can't see the serial in the pictures. Presumably somewhere between 001 and 073? If it's one of these, then it was built between 1978 and 1989. 41 with a six inch barrel and 32 seven inchers.
The serial number is 7

Do you know why there is such a small number made? What were they made for?
Thank you for the info.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denis O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Kar98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,569
Kar98 .22
That's literally all the information I can find on that specific pistol if it even is one of these, and I've got that from Dieter Marschall's book "Walther Defense Pistols", German edition.

*casts summoning spell*
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Backwoods Virginia
Posts: 13,664
MGMike .38
It's a typical creation of some German, Swiss or Austrian gunsmith.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Denis O'Malley .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
It's a typical creation of some German, Swiss or Austrian gunsmith.

M
Why do you say that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denis O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Kar98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,569
Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis O'Malley View Post
Why do you say that?
Because of the very low likelihood of actually chancing into one of the 73 pistols mentioned above, and you saying the serial number is "7" rather than "007".
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Denis O'Malley .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Because of the very low likelihood of actually chancing into one of the 73 pistols mentioned above, and you saying the serial number is "7" rather than "007".
That is what is on the gun just a 7


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denis O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:52 AM   #9
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Backwoods Virginia
Posts: 13,664
MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis O'Malley View Post
Why do you say that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because after one has seen a few of them, the genre is instantly recognizable. The workmanship is of high quality and the target-style alterations are idiosyncratic.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6
Denis O'Malley .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
Because after one has seen a few of them, the genre is instantly recognizable. The workmanship is of high quality and the target-style alterations are idiosyncratic.



M
Do you know who would have made the alterations?What era?Thank you for the information.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denis O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > The Classics > FAQ: The Classics


Search tags for this page

german p38 pistol serial numbers

,

walther p38 serial numbers

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.