Walther Forums banner

Model 4 (new, well... newish, anyway)

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Schlegel 
#1 ·
Hi guys, been away a while. Picked up this model 4 on consignment at the LGS. Refinished, but seems sound. Picked up it and an FN Browning 10/55 for 500 OTD. The latter with 2 extra magazines. Serves me right for for going in a shop while NOT looking to buy anything. What do you think, teens vintage?

sorry, wrong forum by accident, posting on phone!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The rear end of the slide looks very much like that of a PPS, especially the serrations. Must be easy to chamber a round, I bet. Makes ya wonder why the PP series then got those tiny little serrations with the safety lever in the middle of them.

Oh well, that's just me Monday morning quarterbacking 90 years after the fact 😉

#4 ·
No, I haven't fired it yet, just field stripped and cleaned well and cycled it manually. It's kind of neat how you can see ideas that lead to the later designs beginning to emerge. The large slide serrations are a time and cost saver... before and after the war the Model 4 has smaller serrations, I noticed. I did find the crown over D military acceptance stamp as well, though I am not familiar with who/what the different military stamp letters indicate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.