New and improved!!!! Complete takedown for the Walther CCP - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #11

Pulicords .22
Spoke with the folks at Walther today and its going back for service today. They were very helpful and with any kind of luck, the issues will be quickly resolved.
Pulicords is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #12

Ekjunge .22
You can just call them and have them send you the part that you need. You might have to pay for it, but it keeps your pistol in your possession...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #13

Pulicords .22
I sent the pic to Walther Customer Service before shipping my pistol and they said it looked "up to specs", so maybe the locking catch hook is okay? I asked if there was a change in design of the locking catch hook and was told there wasn't.

I don't know, but in any case, I still want them to replace the striker spring and deal with the failure to go into slide lock (when empty) issue, so it's going to be dealt with there.

Last edited by Pulicords; 02-09-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #14

joshtoney85 .22
Ekjunge,
You mentioned green metal polish, just generic green metal polish? Or is there some restriction since this is a firearm?

Simple and obvious question but I'm new.

Thanks!
joshtoney85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:56 PM   #15

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulicords View Post
I sent the pic to Walther Customer Service before shipping my pistol and they said it looked "up to specs", so maybe the locking catch hook is okay?
If you sent the same picture to Walther that you posted, it is clear your locking catch hook is either broken or missing entirely. If you look at the beginning of Ekjunge's video you will clearly see a silver catch that hooks over the rear of the counter plate. He makes note several times that the tongue on the front of the disassembly tool is used to lift the hook before the rear assembly of the striker spring can be pressed in freeing it and the slide from the counter plate hook.

I can see the hook on the rear of your counter plate so you no longer have this part. It appears to be pretty important in making sure that the striker spring assembly/slide stays properly attached to the frame. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #16

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekjunge View Post
There is a spring on the front of the Slide release that I did not realize was there!!!
What does this mean? M1911
Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 AM   #17

Pulicords .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
If you sent the same picture to Walther that you posted, it is clear your locking catch hook is either broken or missing entirely. ...
I agree with your assessment and am concerned, but I'm just passing on what the Walther Service man told me. Hopefully, when I get it back, the pistol will have ALL its parts installed and in good working order. I documented all of my concerns on the work order that accompanied the pistol back to Walther USA. If there's anything else I could do or have done, I'd appreciate some direction.

Last edited by searcher451; 02-11-2016 at 08:37 AM. Reason: bandwidth
Old 02-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #18

Ekjunge .22
Well if you are sending it in, then you don't need to worry as the handgun will come back complete. If you are electing to repair it yourself then you need to order part 47 from the parts diagram ( http://www.carl-walther.de/public/do...79_38_14_c.pdf ) P/n 508.400.11.1 and install that per the parts diagram.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #19

Ekjunge .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
What does this mean? M1911
When I was installing part #32 when I was making the video, I didn't know about part #33. I left this part out when I made the video, and as a consequence, my slide release didn't work. I carried it the next day and I kept hearing this annoying rattle. That is when I started looking at what was rattling and realized that I left a spring out...
1917-1911M likes this.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #20

1917-1911M .38
That makes perfect sense...the slide stop arm spring. Last night I was taking a look at one of the P22s and noticed I couldn't pull the slide back far enough to dismount it. What???? Then I noticed that the tiny stop arm spring had jumped out of the shallow recess that holds it and was jamming the slide. Yep, it scratched up the bottom edge of the slide. This is one thing I don't like about zinc and some of these very delicate fitted parts. The recess that holds the top of the spring is very, very shallow and can be easily damaged. The same goes for the tiny, zinc shelf that hold the magazine safety spring. That edge can be easily damaged also which means it will no longer hold this spring...and, the right side of the frame has the serial number on it. At least the CCP isn't made of zinc. M1911

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP

Search tags for this page
ccp takedown

replacement walther takedown tool

walther 508.400.14.1 disassembling tool
walther ccp complete disassembly
walther ccp disassembly tool

walther ccp exploded diagram

walther ccp improvements

walther ccp new stile breakdown
walther ccp parts

walther ccp parts diagram

walther ccp takedown

walther ccp takedown tool

Click on a term to search for related topics.