Jon Mac arms tear down of CCP

Don't know who this guy is, but he is my hero:

http://youtu.be/O78kjWgaDUc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ekjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #2

1917-1911M .38
I swear that is my roll of tape and old drift. If I had one of these pistols I would have pulled it apart on the way home to see how it works. Really hard huh? I had to laugh at the comment about the take down. For over ten years I've listened to how hard it is to reassemble the P22 slide due to the long recoil spring. No it isn't, couldn't be simpler if you reinstall as Walther suggests.

If you go to all the trouble to make a long video like this....practice with a short segment and get the light and focus right. I haven't had a chance to see the whole video but it looks good from what I've seen so far. Thank you Ekjunge for tracking this down and posting. It should have been at WaltherForums first. Hope he is a Member here. M1911

I'd suggest an owner install the retaining pins for the front and rear assembly before trying to install the slide though.

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 06-05-2015 at 10:34 PM.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #3

silentheart .22
After a couple of practices, I will suggest to take the system housing out first then the barrel/trigger mechanism out second. The design is actually very simple. Just the small parts are little harder to put back. Need to be careful.
1917-1911M likes this.
CCP is here
silentheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #4

1917-1911M .38
It looks like the part most likely to be damaged is the magazine lock spring if you aren't careful when aligning that. That fellow was a little rougher on disassembly than I like. Prying parts out of the pistol like he did. You have to be careful how you pry the rear assembly out, especially in polymer pistols. Round rods do not have much bearing surface and can easily sink into and damage something softer.....including zinc or aluminum or polymer. M1911
silentheart likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #5

Ekjunge .22
There is no need to take out the trigger barrel assembly. Leave it in place. The trigger bar lifts right off as you pull out the rear assembly. You then need to place it under the cylinder but above the lip milled into the rear assembly when replacing your rear assembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1917-1911M likes this.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #6

Ekjunge .22
Okay stuff you should know.... When you pull the pin that holds the sear and drop safety , and the other pin that holds the ejector, you need to get them COMPLETELY seated.. Otherwise the tolerances are close enough that the slide won't cycle smoothly. (Apparently it ain't no Glock). Keep tapping them in until they are flush.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP