WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #31

JohnC .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR007 View Post
..I'm always interested in what the pros use (it's the old 'institutional knowledge' thing).
It may be more about who's paying the bills rather than how well it works!
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #32

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
Follow-up: Performed one additional test to see if my theory is correct. ...
I now also understand why the firing pin safety is able to drop down without falling out. The firing pin safety has a notch perpendicular to the lower arm that allows the striker to move rearward to cock when the firing pin safety is pressed upward and also prevents the firing pin safety from moving forward of the cocked position when it is pressed down by the firing pin safety spring. I am able to see the notch engaging the roll pin that normally prevents the firing pin safety from dropping below the slide which would (and does) cause the lock back. The area of the notch that contacts the roll pin is extremely small and it becomes clear as to why even the slightest outward movement of the roll pin would result in the firing pin safety protruding below the slide.

Last edited by searcher451; 03-16-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: bandwidth
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:05 AM   #33

1917-1911M .38
So a month ago you and JohnC didn't know much about firearm lockworks. JohnC said a while back he now new more than he ever wanted to. Kinda addictive isn't it. You two will be helping folks trouble shoot and be able to explain in accurate detail all about this pistol in the not too distant future. What you won't be able to answer is when is Walther going to fix it. M1911
1917-1911M is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2015, 07:46 AM   #34

chandler5566 .22
Worse! A month ago I didn't know much about any of the operational systems.....trigger mechanism, striker system, safeties, etc. Now, I know more than should ever have been required.....and that is something that Walther should be concerned about. How do other striker manufacturers design these same functional systems? How were original Walther pistols designed and manufactured to prevent an owner like me from having to become so knowledgeable about an individual firearm? I would love to hear the answer to your last question direct from your friend at Walther and I would love to hear Everett's response as well. After all, as Marketing Director he is a stakeholder.

Last edited by searcher451; 03-16-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: bandwidth
Old 03-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #35

JohnC .22
I agree with chandler here. While interesting and informative to know how this gun works, I should be confident I can pick it up and it shoots reliably without feeling as a member of the design team. You may ask, "It malfunctioned, it's Walthers responsibility, send it back to them and let them fix it." Well, we have seen several examples of owners doing just that, Walther "fixed" it and upon return, more of the same problems.
I've been one of the biggest defenders of this gun since an early striker spring failure and have been fortunate with mine overall but even it finally hiccuped yesterday with a trigger reset failure. Not a gun disableing problem like some and easily cleared with a re-rack but not confidence inspiring and always leaves that little question mark in the back of your head.
Walther has a problem brewed up here and we have heard crickets from them directly. The cameo appearance of Everett with not a peep then or since about any of the mountains of info and evidence in just this forum speaks volumes about what they will do...
Old 03-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #36

1917-1911M .38
Well, in all fairness, I'm not sure what Everett's job description is. If he is in charge of marketing, engineering is not up his alley. He can pass the information along. I'm doing that anyway....right to the head of engineering. What I'm impressed with is the part I figured would cause problems seems to be working fine...the piston and cylinder. I'm probably going to install one on my new P99c. I have a few Chevy 327 cu in pistons still sitting around. Strap a '67 short block cylinder under there, high lift cam and it will be ready to go. M1911
Old 03-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #37

chandler5566 .22
Just think....with that high performance Chevy 327 strapped on you can outdraw and shoot any attacker before they clear the holster!

JohnC....I know you were, and probably still are, an ardent supporter of the CCP, but that trigger reset issue was my issue in 5 out of the firt 60 rounds fired. It was not the striker spring even though that's the part Walther swapped out while replacing the locking catch roll pin that failed.

I know that Everett has more than the CCP to focus on but I have scanned a few of the other Walther forums on this site and it appears there are several models with more than 1 or 2 minor issues. I get the feeling there's a larger more pervasive issue at Walther and the CCP is a symptom of whatever that is. Time for serious consideration of 6Sigma implementation.

Last edited by searcher451; 03-16-2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: b/w
Old 03-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #38

JohnC .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
..It was not the striker spring even though that's the part Walther swapped out while replacing the locking catch roll pin that failed...
That was my point, they fix it but they don't fix it. Identify the problem(s). Affect a change that fixes said problems. Support us. Tell us something. Don't just throw replacement parts at it and call it fixed.
They must know. Too much info just here to say nothing. Throw us a bone at least.
And I have one of the better ones. Must be really frustrating for those with endless issues.
Come on Walther, little help here.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #39

1917-1911M .38
In looking at the pictures of the 18xxx model with the new drop safety design it appears the sharper rear edge of the safety is trying to dig into the connector and into the right, front edge of the rear assembly component. I'm probably overlooking something simple but I was wondering why when the slide is retracted does't the firing pin block immediately disconnect and stay disconnected. Why is there a gap between the rear of the connector an the right side of the rear assembly. If the safety foot was smoothly pressed upward immediately upon retraction it wouldn't drag the striker rearward with it and it wouldn't release it a moment later....the striker would simply remain in contact with the sear, the safety would remain disconnected until the slide closed again at which time the foot would drop over the lowered front arm of the connector and once again block the striker. It appears from the picture that the bottom of the safety foot certainly doesn't slide smoothly up onto the right side of the rear assembly.

What did I forget? M1911
Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #40

WobblyWalt .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
In looking at the pictures of the 18xxx model with the new drop safety design it appears the sharper rear edge of the safety is trying to dig into the connector and into the right, front edge of the rear assembly component.
Yes they may have done the edge of it less sharp.

This seems to cure two problems with the striker block - its instability (now it cannot dislodge itself and tilt towards the striker channell) and in theory the clicking problem. While moving the slide to the rear, it will be deactivated sooner than the previous version and it should not cause the striker to be driven away from the sear (and then impact it when finally released) anymore.

Last edited by WobblyWalt; 07-15-2015 at 04:15 PM.
WobblyWalt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP

Search tags for this page
ccp lubrication blocks

cleaning foam for walther ccp

how to clean and oil walther ccp 9mm

inner parts of ccp

lubrication for walther ccp

lubrication of walther ccp m2
oiling points on a walter ccp

walther ccp cleaning and oiling

walther ccp lubrication

walther ccp m2 lube
walther ccp parts diagram

walther pistol lubricate ccp

Click on a term to search for related topics.