CCP Internal Components Function, Lubrication, etc. - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #11

1917-1911M .38
Enjoyed a lengthy phone discussion with Chandler5566 yesterday regarding the function of of the sear, connector, striker and drop safety. We took it slow and point by point. I learned a few things that you can only learn with pistol in hand. We had an enjoyable discussion and both came to new insights. This is probably the best information I will get until I ever get a pistol in hand if I ever get a pistol in hand. M1911
searcher451 likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #12

chandler5566 .22
I also enjoyed the conversation and certainly learned a few things about the CCP design, functions and operation. It's interesting how you pick up nuances to things that you thought you understood....and did but not to the detail level that you can discover by working with someone very knowledgeable and has been in the trenches.

Last edited by searcher451; 02-23-2015 at 06:00 PM. Reason: bandwidth
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #13

IR007 .22
Cleaning Product ID Request(s)

Referring to the CCP takedown video below with Bret Voorhees (Walther): See link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI_KfFJAqqs

Can anyone out there please tell me if you recognize the particular brand of what appears to be a foaming cleaner in the black and bronze spray bottle on the table beside Bret? The label is facing away from the camera and I'd really like to know which one he's using. The container label has a color combination very similar to Duracell batteries.

Also, does anyone know where one can purchase the larger cleaning patches he's using?

Thanks much for whatever you can share.

BTW: I directed my questions to Bret, but have yet to hear back, hence this posting.
IR007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #14

1917-1911M .38
Hoppes?

HOPPE'S Foaming Gun Cleaner,Size 4 oz. - Gun Oil and Cleaning Solvents - 38C699|EFGC4 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Make your own patches. I expect you can purchase some for shotguns that are larger. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #15

IR007 .22
Thanks for the helpful...AND speed-of-light response!
IR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #16

beamon .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
Enjoyed a lengthy phone discussion with Chandler5566 yesterday regarding the function of of the sear, connector, striker and drop safety. We took it slow and point by point. I learned a few things that you can only learn with pistol in hand. We had an enjoyable discussion and both came to new insights. This is probably the best information I will get until I ever get a pistol in hand if I ever get a pistol in hand. M1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
I also enjoyed the conversation and certainly learned a few things about the CCP design, functions and operation. It's interesting how you pick up nuances to things that you thought you understood....and did but not to the detail level that you can discover by working with someone very knowledgeable and has been in the trenches.
Consider the possibility of using Skype for these kinds of calls. I use it every evening for a group session with old ham radio buddies, but it would work well for tech sessions like you guys had. Video adds a lot to these kinds of contacts.

Apple has "FaceTime" which is very hi res but only good between Apple owners and only one to one, whereas Skype is multi platform.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #17

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamon View Post
Consider the possibility of using Skype for these kinds of calls. I use it every evening for a group session with old ham radio buddies, but it would work well for tech sessions like you guys had. Video adds a lot to these kinds of contacts.
I remember using conference and video calls for business meetings with offshore groups and they were very effective....not to mention the cost reduction for travel around the globe.

However, it just wouldn't work in this case. 1911 would start by asking me to remove the grips from the CCP and that would end the conversation....for fear that the damn thing would fall apart and I could never get it put together again!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #18

beamon .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
However, it just wouldn't work in this case. 1911 would start by asking me to remove the grips from the CCP and that would end the conversation....for fear that the damn thing would fall apart and I could never get it put together again!
Maybe, but I'm watching you Chandler; your skills are increasing exponentially. You'll be holding your own with the wizards here before you know it!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #19

JohnC .22
How does one remove the grips on a gun you can't remove grips from?
Just curious...
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #20

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
How does one remove the grips on a gun you can't remove grips from?
Just curious...
Not sure but you've seen 1911's "nasty" comment about how scared I am....and I keep saying....you're right! But, whatever you do....don't tell him you can't remove the grips....I think we should humor him!!
JohnC likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > CCP > FAQ: CCP

Search tags for this page
ccp lubrication blocks

cleaning foam for walther ccp

how to clean and oil walther ccp 9mm

inner parts of ccp

lubrication for walther ccp

lubrication of walther ccp m2
oiling points on a walter ccp

walther ccp cleaning and oiling

walther ccp lubrication

walther ccp m2 lube
walther ccp parts diagram

walther pistol lubricate ccp

Click on a term to search for related topics.