First time at the range - Lost a white dot - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #1

digitaleagle12 .22
First time at the range - Lost a white dot

I took my new Creed to the range today for the first time. I really liked how the gun shot. The recoil was soft and it was easy to hit targets, even at longer distance. I put a bunch of different kinds of ammo through it and it didn't fail once with 200 rounds.

I thought my eyes were failing me about half way through the session. I took a look at the gun and noticed the front white dot was missing.

Have others that own this gun had this happen? Just curious.

I saw a Youtube video where a guy lost one of the rear white dots the first time to the range. It looks to me that there are small plastic inserts that attach to the metal sites. It's like they don't have enough adhesive to hold on during recoils.

The good news is I called Walther when I got back home and was able to get someone on the phone right away. He told me he would send me out a new front site right away. I thought their customer service was excellent. The entire call lasted less than 5 minutes.

I asked him if this was a common problem with the creed and he said that there have been a small percentage of Creeds having this problem.

Hopefully, the rear sites don't do the same thing as replacing those would not be as easy. I think I would send the gun back to Walther for that.
JohnnyRed18 likes this.
digitaleagle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #2

9mmreloader .22
I have seen reports of both the front and rear sights losing the white insert(s). Just one of those things that can happen with mass produced products. The key is to appreciate the good customer service from Walther. That is almost unheard of nowadays.
JohnnyRed18 likes this.
9mmreloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:19 AM   #3

Sumtruck .22
Post deleted.

Last edited by Sumtruck; 01-04-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Sumtruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #4

digitaleagle12 .22
Thanks for the replies. It's great that Walther's service is so good.

I was just surprised to see the white dot missing from the front site. Other than that, the gun worked flawlessly.

I'm glad it was the front site so I could easily replace it without having to send the gun in.

Happy New Year
Old 01-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #5

Sumtruck .22
Post deleted.

Last edited by Sumtruck; 01-04-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Sumtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #6

JohnnyRed18 .22
Just took my new Creed to the indoor range for the first time today.

After just 3 mags (<48 rds), I noticed the white dot was missing from the right rear sight post. It was there before I started.

Fortunately, I found it on the mat below the firing rail ...

Disappointing, but hey, for the price of it what the heck!
JohnnyRed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #7

ShipWreck .22
I have owned other brands of guns where this has happened. Usually, I just get a needle and some white paint - drip 1 dot from the needle onto the depression in the sight.

Practice a few times before you do it on the actual gun. Easy to do. Let the gun sit pointed down for a couple of hours, and you are done.....
Old 02-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #8

digitaleagle12 .22
That sounds like the easy thing to do, but I doubt having one of the dots having white paint and the other having the stock white dot, would look consistent. If you painted all three, then it would probably be fine.

To me it's disappointing that these white dots are falling off. It's a minor thing, but being a first time Walther owner, doesn't make me feel all that great about their QC.

Just saying.
JohnnyRed18 likes this.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #9
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Are they actually inserts, or just white paint?

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #10

digitaleagle12 .22
I'm pretty sure they are some kind of plastic insert as when mine fell out, the metal was totally bare. I never found the insert so I can't say for sure what kind of material it is. It seems they weren't pressed properly to the metal from their supplier. It didn't appear that there was any kind of adhesive when it fell out as the bare metal was totally clean.

I'm hoping I won't have any trouble with the other dots on the sites. Only time will tell.
JohnnyRed18 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
dot came off rear sight
news
painting white dot sights that fell out

walther creed discontinued

white dot falling out on walther creed
Click on a term to search for related topics.