WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #71

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Mudbug, I'm with you on not sending any money to Turkey.
But I'm with WaterDR when he says he's past buying cheap guns. He also didn't slight the Creed, and merely said he wouldn't buy one. Same here, because I've got plenty of more expensive guns and no need to add a cheap one. Not boasting, just saying.
Same question to you. Have you ever handled the CREED? Ever seen or read any of the critiques by the professionals? Are you also comparing your preferences with something you have no experience with?

Do you use your guns competitively? If so, I can understand your need for the best that you can afford. Maybe someday, if I ever decide to compete with a 9mm, I might also look to something else if I am shooting my best, and it's just not good enough.

I appreciate your comment, Kar98, and I am sure that WaterDR does as well. I am on the other side of the street. My CREED is a fine handgun. I'll stand next to anyone with comparative skills as mine at the range or in the field with it against a comparative type or style of gun and guarantee them a competition worth their time.

So why would I WANT to lay out my cash on an expensive handgun when I do not need to? Just to be able to say, "Hey! Look what I own!...err...no, I can't let anyone shoot it, it's a collector"? Can't afford that kind of thinking on a retirement income.

Maybe it's time to stop thinking of the CREED as a cheap gun and consider it a very good gun at a low price. Isn't that the kind of thing we are always on the lookout for?

Last summer I had some repair work done on my Walther P22. It involved being on the phone with the supervisor at the Ft. Smith repair shop. When I mentioned to him that I also owned a new CREED, he told me that the gun seems to be Walther's hidden secret. He couldn't understand why the public has not taken it more seriously. It's only a couple of years old and proving to be one of their most reliable. CREED owners very seldom complain about their purchases.

And speaking of cheap guns....that Walther P22 must be standing at the head of the line. By the time the Walther people finished repairing it, I basically had a brand new gun. They replaced almost everything. When I got it back, it worked perfectly. I originally bought it because it was lightweight and small.

I was hoping for a carry gun for my wife. I'd owned it for three years and seldom had a successful day at the range with it. For a change, it was behaving itself. I did what any sensible gun owner would do under this circumstance. I sold it while it was working and got almost what I paid for it. I managed to find another P22 owner who was as proud of his P22 as I am of my CREED. I took his money and wished him all the best.

So I do know a cheap gun when I come across one. I've had my share of cheap and reliable equipment in my life.
michael.ed and Tuceaux like this.

Charter Arms "Gator" 38 Special
Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #72

oif3vet .22
I have expensive handguns and inexpensive handguns. My favorite inexpensive handguns are my ppx and creed. Last year I got into uspsa matches and ran the ppx. (which is .40) Late last year I bought the creed because I liked the ppxs' trigger and ergonomics so much. (plus I wanted to just buy bulk ammo instead of doing the crazy light handloads I was doing for the ppx) Just shot my first match yesterday with the creed and hmm, for a "cheap gun" I kept up with the guys running h&k's, glocks and m&p's no problem. I prefer the creed/ppx over the glock 19 gen 5 I have. The creed will and does hold it's own again much more expensive guns. Sure, I'll get the Q5 match someday but until then the creed will do just fine.
Tuceaux likes this.
oif3vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #73

wormraper .22
is the creed like the ppx in the fact that it has a non user servicaeable striker/firing pin channel?
wormraper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #74

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
is the creed like the ppx in the fact that it has a non user servicaeable striker/firing pin channel?
The Creed is almost the exact same gun as the PPX. You could call it the PPX M2, and wouldn't be wrong. The few differences are merely cosmetic.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:05 PM   #75

alexrckid .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by oif3vet View Post
I have expensive handguns and inexpensive handguns. My favorite inexpensive handguns are my ppx and creed. Last year I got into uspsa matches and ran the ppx. (which is .40) Late last year I bought the creed because I liked the ppxs' trigger and ergonomics so much. (plus I wanted to just buy bulk ammo instead of doing the crazy light handloads I was doing for the ppx) Just shot my first match yesterday with the creed and hmm, for a "cheap gun" I kept up with the guys running h&k's, glocks and m&p's no problem. I prefer the creed/ppx over the glock 19 gen 5 I have. The creed will and does hold it's own again much more expensive guns. Sure, I'll get the Q5 match someday but until then the creed will do just fine.

even though i have not competed with my Creed, i've gotta agree that it is very, very accurate. i, too, actually prefer ot iver my HK, CZ and Glock at the range. there is just something about the feel of this pistol that makes it very easy to be accutare with....
Tuceaux likes this.
alexrckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:40 AM   #76

druryj .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny08 View Post
And so someone tell me whats wrong with the creed. Or for that matter the PPX. Just because it doesn't have a thousand dollar price tag means exactly what?
Usually it means you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
druryj is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
creed 9mm review
news

problems with a walther creed 9 mm

walter creed 9mm
walther ccp 9m creed

walther creed

walther creed complaints
walther creed discontinued

walther creed one piece barrel

walther creed problems

walther xreed
what is wrong with walther creed
Click on a term to search for related topics.