WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #31

Handy .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig View Post
No matter, it's still a low end, low quality, entry level pistol and should never have been sold under the Walther banner.

You don't see HK making bottom feeder stuff now do you?
Aside from the feed ramp issue, what are you seeing that makes the Creed/PPX so "low quality"? Seems like the PPS has more problems over all.

It seems like you could compare the difference in price between a PPQ and Creed as being similar to a P30 and VP9.

On the specific feed ramp issue, while I would also find it annoying, I have to wonder if it does matter at all - kind of like variable slide to frame fit. Have any feed ramps come off or caused feeding or cycling problems?

Looking at how the feed ramp is pinned onto the barrel block, it would seem likely to me that the fit between them would be somewhat variable. Especially if the fit is predicated on clearing both the barrel and the barrel block without hand fitting or very precise machining.

Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #32

MichaelS. .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Aside from the feed ramp issue, what are you seeing that makes the Creed/PPX so "low quality"? Seems like the PPS has more problems over all.

It seems like you could compare the difference in price between a PPQ and Creed as being similar to a P30 and VP9.

On the specific feed ramp issue, while I would also find it annoying, I have to wonder if it does matter at all - kind of like variable slide to frame fit. Have any feed ramps come off or caused feeding or cycling problems?

Looking at how the feed ramp is pinned onto the barrel block, it would seem likely to me that the fit between them would be somewhat variable. Especially if the fit is predicated on clearing both the barrel and the barrel block without hand fitting or very precise machining.

I own a number of Walthers, including a P99, PPQ, wartime P-38, and a Creed. The Creed is well made, WAY beyond what the low pricing would lead one to believe. There seems to be a segment of the Walther community who have blinders on, and refuse to believe this possible.

Despite their adamant,knee jerk rebuking, I'm willing to wager that many of these armchair experts have never even examined and fired one.
sigp6 and muckaleewarrior71 like this.
MichaelS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #33

Handy .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS. View Post
I own a number of Walthers, including a P99, PPQ, wartime P-38, and a Creed. The Creed is well made, WAY beyond what the low pricing would lead one to believe. There seems to be a segment of the Walther community who have blinders on, and refuse to believe this possible.

Despite their adamant,knee jerk rebuking, I'm willing to wager that many of these armchair experts have never even examined and fired one.
I think they are comparable to the old Ruger P85, which was almost completely made of cast parts to bring the production cost down. No one ever complained that the Rugers didn't hold up or were unreliable.
MichaelS. likes this.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2017, 12:16 AM   #34

Pinger9x19 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post

Well that day at the range I was having some FTF & FTE issues, I got the range days mixed up, since I shot all weekend that weekend. Friday it was fine but after Saturdays shoot & clean I noticed the feed ramp was loose & it was on Saturday I had issues.
Pinger9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:24 AM   #35

Quickshot .22
loose feed ramp

I don't have a Creed but have the PPX. Same barrel everyone says. When we first started to hear about the loose ramp, ol' 1911 said,"It looks like a job for JB Weld". Last week I noticed that there was just a little "play" in the feed ramp on my barrel. Worked up a little JB and with a piece of shim stock packed some JB Weld in space around the ramp, neatly not smeared. I let it set up for a couple days and went out and put 50 rds. thru it and it is still snug. Only time will tell how it holds up but it beats waiting for something to go wrong and sending to Ft. Smith. Being a tinkerer, I couldn't resist trying. Quick
Quickshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #36

Papersniper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS. View Post

I agree. I have had two PPX models, and now own a PPS M2 and PPQs in 9/40/45. They are ALL terrific pistols, though I did have an issue with the feed ramp on my 9mm PPX. But it always shot very accurately, had a terrific trigger, and just felt good in my hand. The loose feed ramp did not affect the pistols function in any way, but I didn't shoot that many rounds through it once the barrel ramp was loose. I sold my PPX models shortly after Walther replaced the 9mm PPX barrel, but only to finance the purchase of the same caliber PPQ models. In my opinion, there was little difference in the "quality" of the PPX/PPQ models. And I have have zero problems with my PPS, which was a daily EDC for quite some time.

So I remain a Walther fan. It's a fine addition to my H&K VP9 and P30 models, and my various Sig models.
Papersniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page

news

walther creed barrel feed port

walther creed one piece barrel

Click on a term to search for related topics.