Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 11:33 PM   #21
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondoro View Post
...So I don't believe it was purposely designed as an aid to feeding.

Bravo. That would make about as much sense as saying that the sights were designed to be loose as an aid to accuracy.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #22

Pinger9x19 .22
Loose here!

Well hit the 3,000 round mark and this what it got me, a loose feed ramp. shown in pic barrel help upside down showing feed ramp falling back showing a gap.

1013172130.jpg

1013172129.jpg
Pinger9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #23

Papersniper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinger9x19 View Post
Well hit the 3,000 round mark and this what it got me, a loose feed ramp. shown in pic barrel help upside down showing feed ramp falling back showing a gap.

Attachment 58914

Attachment 58922
At least in my case Walther was quick to replace the barrel on my 9mm PPX. However, due to Walther's recent "$100 Rebate" and my desire to get a couple of higher end Walthers, I sold my two PPX models (9 and 40) and purchased two PPQ models of the same caliber. I never had a loose feed ramp issue with my 40, but then probably only fired a couple of hundred rounds through it. The 9 developed an open feed ramp after fewer rounds if memory serves. Walther did replace the barrel, and I had no further problems with it. On the other hand, both pistols never had any feeding related issues at all, loose feed ramp or not. Still, I think Walther made a poor decision using that two piece ramp, if for no other reason that the publicity they are getting here.

Walther continues to make some very fine firearms in my opinion, but they did get a bit of a black eye with the PPX and maybe the Creed. I haven't been following the Creed's sales and reviews, so I'm ignorant of how that model is doing.
Papersniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 08:09 AM   #24

wbrian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinger9x19 View Post

Attachment 58914

Attachment 58922
How old is it? I ask, because MAYBE Walther has since 'fixed' with a manufacturing change - like adding a weld step to the press fit. Or, this is a QC problem and some will have the problem and some will not.

I think they did it to save manufacturing time/money and it makes sense in a way, because it seems not to be in a high stress area like the barrel lug. On the surface it seems better than the HiPower barrel being two pieces at the chamber.

I think it is useful to keep in mind that the M16 had significant issues at the start. Even today, when some manufacturer steps outside the Technical Data Package (TDP) it puts the user at risk of an unreliable weapon. It took Colt years to perfect (as much as possible) manufacture of the rifle - which used new materials and techniques.

Walther MAY have a real winner - but only time will tell us. They may be THROUGH the problems and know the fix, or maybe not.

I do think the trigger action is quite nice.

Last edited by wbrian; 10-18-2017 at 11:15 AM.
wbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #25

Handy .22
By the time you're welding the feed ramp onto the other two parts, any sort of cost savings from using a 3 piece barrel goes out the window.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #26

Papersniper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrian View Post
How old is it? I ask, because MAYBE Walther has since 'fixed' with a manufacturing change - like adding a weld step to the press fit. Or, this is a QC problem and some will have the problem and some will not.

I think they did it to save manufacturing time/money and it makes sense in a way, because it seems not to be in a high stress area like the barrel lug. On the surface it seems better than the HiPower barrel being two pieces at the chamber.

I think it is useful to keep in mind that the M16 had significant issues at the start. Even today, when some manufacturer steps outside the Technical Data Package (TDP) it puts the user at risk of an unreliable weapon. It took Colt years to perfect (as much as possible) manufacture of the rifle - which used new materials and techniques.

Walther MAY have a real winner - but only time will tell us. They may be THROUGH the problems and know the fix, or maybe not.

I do think the trigger action is quite nice.
My pistol that developed a loose feed ramp was bought about mid-2016. And the replacement barrel I got from Walther CS was done about July 2017. The two barrels looked identical, but I did not shoot the new barrel more than about 50 rounds before I sold it. So I don't know if it would have loosened. But I'm pretty sure nothing has changed on the manufacturing of the PPX/Creed barrels.
Papersniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #27

Pinger9x19 .22
I shipped the barrel out to Walther, just hope it doesn't take no 3 weeks or longer to get this issue fixed. I am just kinda upset that they marketed the Creed as a upgrade to the PPX but still used the same crappy ass barrel, which they knew had issues in the PPX line of pistols.
Pinger9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #28

BlitzPig .22
I think it's more accurately described as a "change" from the PPX, rather than an "upgrade".

I've said this before, and I still think it should be done... to save the Walther brand, Umarex should take all the non Ulm guns, PPX/Creed, P22, PK380, CCP and whatever ones I've missed, and rebrand them with another name, say umm.... Arminus, that more accurately describes their place and intent in the Umarex line, and be done with it.

Last edited by BlitzPig; 10-21-2017 at 09:20 AM.
BlitzPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #29

MichaelS. .22
Walther has confirmed many times over that the Creed is manufactured at their Ulm plant, not the Umarex plant in Arnsberg.
MichaelS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #30

BlitzPig .22
No matter, it's still a low end, low quality, entry level pistol and should never have been sold under the Walther banner.

You don't see HK making bottom feeder stuff now do you?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page

news

walther creed barrel feed port

walther creed one piece barrel

Click on a term to search for related topics.