Wather Creed is locking up - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #1

Wogdog2 .22
Wather Creed is locking up

My Creed is jamming every 5-6 rounds. It will feed just fine, then the slide will lock up, won't go all the way back. I have tried different brands of ammunition, but it keeps doing it. When it jams, it feeds a live round but will not rack all the way back, then the slide gets stuck. I have had to get assistance from the range personnel to clear. Once we get the slide to rack all the way back, the live round stuck in battery will fire and the slide locks back normally. Could this be caused by a bent guide rod assembly? Or is there else wrong with the gun?
Wogdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #2

WaterDR Unproven
Are you an experienced shooter?

Make sure you are not riding the slide. Also, clean it and make sure it's properly lubed.
WaterDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #3

SpaceGunner .22
I'd pull out the barrel and make sure you don't have a bulge in it. I would think it would do it every-time if it was a bulge, but who knows. It would be worth the 30 seconds it takes to rule that out.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #4

PPS1980 .22
Limp wristing is also a possibility. Have someone else that shoots autos regularly try to recreate your problem. If they don't have the problem with their weapon(s) and do eith the Creed this points to the Creed being at fault. If they do not, it points to you needing to reconfigure your grip and shooting process. Also, clean and lube the magazine - many FTF issues are magazine driven.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #5

KMKP7KING .22
As an experienced shooter and certified instructor I would like to just extend some suggestions. When shooting these modern day plastic weapons you must lock out the shooting arm and hold the firearm firm. This type of jam is often due to bent elbows and not locking out the elbow and firmly hold the pistol. For the spring to completely compress upon firing and for the slide to fully compress backwards to utilize the full strength of the spring to bring the cartridge from the magazine into battery. You can get away with shooting a metal constructed pistol by not holding it as instructed above but I often see this at the range. Take the pistol apart clean it well and lubricate all the rails and moving parts and also rub a light coat of oil on the barrel since the slide is moving across it. See how you make out. If it continues to do so then have an experienced shooter, gunsmith take a look at it. If it repeats for them then you have an issue with the pistol. You also may have to digest at least 500 rounds through the pistol since it needs to break in (don't know how many rounds you have fired). It is difficult to give advise without first hand observing the shooting and the function of the pistol to evaluate all aspects of the practice. Good luck and keep us posted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
are walther creed 9mm known for jamming
jamming problems with walther creed
problems with a walther creed 9 mm

walther creed 9mm problems

walther creed ammo problems
walther creed barrel problem

walther creed problems

walther creed slide jamming problems
walther creed slide lock always up
walther creed slide not coming all the way back
walthercreed slide jjamming
what is wrong with walther creed
Click on a term to search for related topics.