WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   Creed (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/creed/)
-   -   Anyone tried a stainless steel guide rod? (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/creed/74850-anyone-tried-stainless-steel-guide-rod.html)

TwinTurbo 03-27-2017 04:23 AM

Anyone tried a stainless steel guide rod?
 
My name is John and new to the forums. I was just wondering if anyone has done yet to see if it helps with muzzle-flip. I know some say it helps on the PPQ, but not sure if this is entirely true.

jptech 05-04-2017 03:51 PM

I got one and installed it. I could not take down the pistol with this installed. The slide release would not disengage at all. I returned my stainless guide rod.

imaoldfart 05-04-2017 05:31 PM

^^^^^But, JP....if you could not take down the pistol with it installed, and the slide release would not disengage at all, how in the cornbread 8ell did you return it?

imaoldfart 05-04-2017 05:36 PM

TT....muzzle flip? What muzzle flip. If you're shootin' a 9, its like shooting a pea shooter. Now, if your shootin' a 40, then yeah, it'll kick a little bit.

Many people on this forum have tried and/or are running steel guide rods. Some swear by em', other's, well, they may not feel the difference.

This is a question that only YOU can answer. Pick one up and give it a try....if you don't like it, I'm sure you can sell it.

jptech 05-04-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaoldfart (Post 806234)
^^^^^But, JP....if you could not take down the pistol with it installed, and the slide release would not disengage at all, how in the cornbread 8ell did you return it?


You can't release the slide with the takedown lever turned down. If you turn it back to locked, you can release the slide. You then have to take it down without using the slide lock.

Pinger9x19 07-05-2017 11:52 PM

I say with a lifetime warranty if the guide rod messes up I am sure Walther will stand behind it & fix it. I am sure you could contact them & they would just send out a new one if needed. I just hope it performs like the PPQ did.

rbdjr 07-06-2017 05:14 PM

here is a link to a post similar to this

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...s-provide.html

rva1 08-26-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaoldfart (Post 806234)
^^^^^But, JP....if you could not take down the pistol with it installed, and the slide release would not disengage at all, how in the cornbread 8ell did you return it?

JP - I had the exact same experience. I contacted the manufacturer and was sent a second one, and it did the same thing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

MochaJoe 08-28-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo (Post 768770)
My name is John and new to the forums. I was just wondering if anyone has done yet to see if it helps with muzzle-flip. I know some say it helps on the PPQ, but not sure if this is entirely true.

BT Guide Rods makes the best available. They're in all my pistols.

MochaJoe 08-28-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jptech (Post 806122)
I got one and installed it. I could not take down the pistol with this installed. The slide release would not disengage at all. I returned my stainless guide rod.

You got a low end recoil assembly. Use a better product. A better product would use factory oem springs. BT Guide Rods makes the best aftermarket guide rod assemblies.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.