WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #11

rva1 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
^^^^^But, JP....if you could not take down the pistol with it installed, and the slide release would not disengage at all, how in the cornbread 8ell did you return it?
I had the same thing happen. I wrote to BT and they quickly sent me a second one and the same issue occurred. I sent both back and was refunded.

To answer your question: in order to take it out I had to apply additional force to pull back the slide. It seemed like it was only a few millimeters off but enough to not be able to function normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #12

atross1 .22
Stainless Steel guide rods.

All my pistols that use guide rods have stainless steel guide rods simply because I have a lathe and lots of round stainless bar.The little extra weight can't do anything but help.
imaoldfart and pj_49 like this.
atross1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #13

Sumtruck .22
Post deleted

Last edited by Sumtruck; 01-04-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Sumtruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #14

atross1 .22
I wouldn't cal the weight difference between ploymer and stainless steel as neglible.However the weight difference between a polymer rod fitted pistol and a stainless rod fitted pistol most likely won't really be noticed.I feel no difference in recoil between the two rods.Next project when I get time is to make a recoil reducing rod just to see how much difference I can make to a 92 compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumtruck View Post
The weight difference is negligible from the polymer to steel guide rods so most don't even notice a change in recoil. The main reason people change them out is because it's believed that either polymer guide rods are crap or purely for the longevity but Glock has been running polymer guide rods forever and there's no issues with them. Same goes with Walther so unless you're paranoid, a perfectionist, OCD about steel or just want to spend more money on your gun, it's not worth it.

If your guide rod ever does fail, contact Walther and they'll either send you a new one for free under warranty or sell you one dirt cheap.
atross1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #15

rbdjr .22
Just you saying that there is not much difference between polymer rod and SS or even Tungsten tells me you never shot both next to each other.
Trust me have 2 same pistols and one with a polymer rod and the same pistol with a SS rod or even Tungsten and you ABSOLUTELY can feel it, again the real test is side by side and alternate between guns.

Here are some weight differences in guide rods SS vs Walthers Tungsten
Ok,
I did weigh and compare a Walters Tungsten vs BT extended stainless steel rod for my 5"PPQ M2 9mm.

BT Extended rod Stainless Steel for a 5" = 47 Grams (approx 1" longer then Walthers Tungsten Rod)

Walthers Arms Tungsten Rod 5" PPQ = 62 grams. Approx 1" shorter than the BT rod.
15 grams difference, worth it? if the Walthers was the same length as the BT then the difference could be as high as 30 grams total?

Both Rods had the red recoil spring on when weighed.
I wish the Walthers rod was extended(same length) like the BT rod and it would be even heavier out in front of the slide.
I think the Bt SS extended rod was around $80 bucks + shipping, Walthers Arms Tungsten was 127.90 with shipping

Straight up Tungsten is approximately 41% denser than Stainless Steel, a cubic foot of Stainless Steel weighs approx 495 pounds(18-8), vs a cubic foot of Tungsten weighs 1,205 pounds.
Polymer80 PF940C RMR
Beretta 92FS Inox, CT Red laser grips
S&W PC Shield 9mm, CT Light/Green Laser
S&W 44mag 629 8"
Beretta 22 pistol
T/C Contender 30-30 scoped 10"
Dan Wesson 357 3 barrels
few of my favorites
NRA Life Member, NRA RSO
" It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."
F.D.R.
rbdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #16

Sumtruck .22
Post deleted

Old 12-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #17

rbdjr .22
Well maybe your a machine and can't tell the weight difference ? It's like holding a 1dollar bill in one and and 100 pennies in the other ! Drastic weight difference! Lots of talk on this forum. If you ever really shot 2 of the same guns side by side alternating back and forth between the 2 I do believe HANDS DOWN you would feel the difference ! Please don't switch the rods back and forth and tell me that's the same! And I can tell you for a FACT THE IN A GLOCK 19 mos and a WALTHERS PPQ 5" it DOES make a huge difference in my groups at the range. Have a nice day , and enjoy your guns. That's what's it really about.
PPS1980 likes this.
Polymer80 PF940C RMR
S&W 44mag 629 8"
Beretta 22 pistol
Dan Wesson 357 3 barrels
few of my favorites
NRA Life Member, NRA RSO
" It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."
F.D.R.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #18

Sumtruck .22
Post deleted

Old 12-22-2017, 11:01 PM   #19

UrHero .22
I've run the sprinco recoil reducer in mine. Picked it up specifically for competition, and it made it a very flat shooter. More so than stock. Not sure how much of that I contribute to the guide rod vs the new spring.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
UrHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #20

rbdjr .22
Thanks, I will still read yours hoping you can enlighten me on something as I can learn from all, but your statement in my eyes realy makes no sense.
to say there are no advantages is 100% false and giving many the wrong impression. Thank you for your thoughts. I
All I did was also state my opionin and you sir took offense to my statement because mine was different from yours. 1. I do believe the weight differance from polymer to Tungsten is significant, 2. I beleive that it can and does for a fact tighten MY groups and yes when side by side test in a same guns, 3. you can feel recoil differances.
Have a nice day
Polymer80 PF940C RMR
S&W 44mag 629 8"
Beretta 22 pistol
Dan Wesson 357 3 barrels
few of my favorites
NRA Life Member, NRA RSO
F.D.R.

Last edited by rbdjr; 12-23-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: rbdjr

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
nocvzgwb2gkrgq322aln9uved6dmf-ebfpotsmce6nah0om9rpopvjsvr3b-cxzt8- wne0bhwvxxvrcajuigmrgwy0uoe2enuajqcjfufth7gg8poj68wgu
recoil guide rod assembly for walther creed
steel guide rod for walther creed
vygokxyh qqw5qfc4ia6mpdbyjvo6rzdzfbzs7t25mj9deqw03grj9vcb9xgsi r57vgvxcivlvlehbg6vxlrglhwjzzqtakui8ecw7conqdt4d9inq1yuzk
walther creed 9mm ss rod

walther creed guide rod

walther creed guide rod assembly
walther creed guide rod replacement
walther creed ss guid rob

walther creed stainless guide rod

walther creed stainless steel guide rod

walther creed steel guide rod

Click on a term to search for related topics.