WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #31

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
They are just loosely guessing, and their guesses tend to be rounded up, not down.
That's fair. We're all at least somewhat colored by our own experience. I personally keep accurate logs of rounds fired (currently 7741 through the P99c and 2387 through the P99), so while I admit that I'm probably a statistical outlier, I can allow for the idea that others might do what I do, or at least have estimates that aren't wildly divorced from reality.

Quote:
Those who are attracted to the Creed or PPX because it is an inexpensive, entry-level pistol are generally not the ones who have a spare $3,000 to spend on ammunition, or competitors who take the discipline seriously.
Also a fair point, but the flip side of that coin is that there are people out there who have money and just like to try stuff, so again, possible, if somewhat unlikely.

Quote:
To fire 15,000 rounds one would have to shoot a box and a half of ammunition every single week from January to December, rain or shine, for four (4) years. Call me a skeptic if you like, but I think the claim is unrealistic.
You're a skeptic. Between my P99c and P99, I fired just over 3100 rounds of 9mm in 2016, and I expect I'll equal or exceed that this year, and I'm definitely on a budget. (Reloading helps a lot.) I know several folks who shoot more matches than I do and put in a lot more practice time as well. It wouldn't be even slightly difficult for them to do 15K rounds in only a year or two.

Quote:
Finally, I doubt if a Creed would last that long.
I've got no horse in the race, since I neither own nor intend to purchase a Creed or PPX, but I'd be interested to see the results of someone running one for that many rounds. I don't think it's fair to assume one way or the other. The PPX/Creed may not be the high end of the Walther line, but at least it's not a Hi-Point.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #32

Handy .22
I know how many thousand rounds I've fired because primers come in 1000 packs.

It doesn't take a log.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #33

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
I know how many thousand rounds I've fired because primers come in 1000 packs.
That works if you only own/shoot one gun. If you shoot 2 or more guns, you have to log rounds fired on a per-gun basis if you want to be doing more than just estimating.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #34

Handy .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
That works if you only own/shoot one gun. If you shoot 2 or more guns, you have to log rounds fired on a per-gun basis if you want to be doing more than just estimating.
Unless they use different primers.

The point being that you can make this all sound like complicated accounting, but the fact is that lots of people are creatures of habit and have a fish fry every Friday followed by 100 rounds every Saturday. And if someone owns something big and blocky like a Creed or PPX, that probably is their only 9mm pistol.

Everyone shouldn't be so quick to declare people liars because they have different habits than you.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #35

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
The point being that you can make this all sound like complicated accounting
What I do isn't complicated. Whenever I go to the range or a match, I start with one or more full 100-round boxes. When I get home, I count the remaining rounds, if any, do some simple subtraction, and then open the text file I use as a log for the gun I was shooting and record how many and what type(s) of rounds I shot. Takes all of about 30 seconds.

Quote:
Everyone shouldn't be so quick to declare people liars because they have different habits than you.
On that, we agree. I tend to take things at face value unless there's a logical indication that I shouldn't. That said, I don't think expressing skepticism or pointing out potential weaknesses in a record-keeping methodology rises to the level of accusing someone of being a liar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
3 piece barrel creed
are walther creed barrrels more than one peace
creed with ppx barrel
does the walther creed have a one piece barrel
problems with a walther creed 9 mm
thread cutting on 7.65 pistol barrel

walther creed 3 piece barrel

walther creed barrel design

walther creed one piece barrel

walther creed problems

walthercreed mim barrel
what is a three piece barrel
Click on a term to search for related topics.