Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UniversalExports
  • 1 Post By inkie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 01:26 AM   #1

inkie .22
Vertical Feed Ramp

As you can see from my posts I am new to this forum and new to the Walther Creed. I was looking for a non striker, hammer fired D/A pistol with a large magazine capacity and settled on the Creed. So far so good. I have a question for the long time Walther owners and enthusiasts. I have owned many guns mainly revolvers and three semi-auto pistols. I have never seen a vertical feed ramp and a little curved bed on any of the autos I have used such as: Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger etc. Is this new to just the Creed or does all the Walthers have this ramp configuration? And why? I know this feed ramp works with the tuned magazine because I have 640 rounds through the gun with no failures. With some of my other guns I had to polish the feed ramp a few times to get it tuned. And so, I am wondering why the other manufacturers don't use this style. Is it because its not a one piece barrel and the other armsmakers don't want to go this route?
inkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
You got me when you said the feed ramp was vertical, so I just looked it up. The PPX barrel is similar, so here's a photo (PPX barrel in the center) and an explanation:

Quote:
Walther takes a somewhat unique approach to the design of the PPX feed ramp and chamber face. In the photo above (the PPX is in the middle), you can see a pronounced funnel-like feature on all 360 degrees of the chamber face. This is very pronounced when compared to similar pistols. (L-R:* SIG Sauer P6, GLOCK 17 Gen 2, Walther PPX, HK USP-T, Steyr M9). In addition, the ramp design has a much smaller concave “spoon” design than is typical for these types of pistols.
ronin11 likes this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #3

inkie .22
universal exports

Thanks for the photo and the explaination. It did not answer all my questions but, from what I was reading, to me it seems this configuration is unique to the now defunct PPX and Creed and The other Walther models have a normal type ramp. I ran some A-Zoom Snap Caps through it to observe the feeding process and all I can say is its very smooth.
ashton4ever likes this.
inkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed