Initial Impression - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

GP100 .22
Initial Impression

I purchased my Creed at least a month ago and was able to get to the range today and fire 75 rounds through it. I've been shooting revolvers for years but haven't shot a pistol in over 50 years. There are many things I like about this gun. I like it because it's simple like my revolvers. It fits my hand good and with my DeSantis holster it rides very close to my side. If it continues to function well this gun is going to be a keeper.
ashton4ever likes this.
GP100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-18-2017, 12:12 AM   #2

Mogg2112 .22
Nice to hear your positive experience. Is this your first Walther handgun by chance? I hope it continues to be a reliable pistol for you.
Mogg2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:56 AM   #3

inkie .22
Also Happy with my Creed

I also have the Creed for about two half months and I am up to 640 rounds, don't want to jinx myself but the gun goes bang every time. No problems, it functions in all modes. Once I sighted it in and drifted the sights the gun shoots to POA. I am very happy with my first Walther and started using it as a carry gun in an Alien Gear Holster. I would like to give everyone a heads up on the extractor, even though I wire brushed it with Hoppes residue still remains. I was able to get it removed by using a pipe cleaner soaked with synthetic gun scrubber. inkie.
ashton4ever likes this.
inkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 02:11 AM   #4

inkie .22
De Santis Holster

Initial Impressions, I notice from your post that you have a DeSantis Holster. I too shot revolvers for many years and I am used to all leather holsters. I have found it very difficult to purchase a leather holster for the Walther Creed especially if your a left hander. I am pretty sure DeSantis only makes leather products. If I am right, could you give me the model number so I can research it? Thanks.
inkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:36 AM   #5

GP100 .22
I went with their Speed Scabbard holster. Google their name and use their selection tool. It will pull up their holsters that fit the Creed. I purchased mine through Walmart on line and had it shipped to my house for approximately $51. It looks to be a quality product.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:00 AM   #6

GP100 .22
This is my first Walther. I only have 75 rounds through it so it is early. I like the trigger pull being the same from the first round to the last. A friend from work went with me and let me shoot his new Canik. It has a different trigger pull on the first round from the second. I didn't like that. I also prefer the solid trigger of the Creed. I'm not a fan of the small trigger in the trigger design that is on his Canik and so many others that I looked at before I bought this Creed. To each his own. Personal preference plays a big part in this.
clinttho and ashton4ever like this.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #7

Mytwuk .22
I also have had mine for about 2 months and really like it. It seemed a little to slippery for me so I installed the Talon granulate grips and they work great. I have about 400 rounds through it without a hiccup. I have let a couple of my friends shoot it and they raved about how they liked it. So far so good it's a definite keeper.
ashton4ever likes this.
Mytwuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #8

ashton4ever .22
Love it! trigger feels great especially after first cleaning after 350 rounds. I'm keeping it with my Civil Defense ammo and a nice strobe light. I have it magnet held to my wall hidden ready for anything. I want to change the sights though! That's it!
Mytwuk likes this.
ashton4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:26 AM   #9

GP100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton4ever View Post
Love it! trigger feels great especially after first cleaning after 350 rounds. I'm keeping it with my Civil Defense ammo and a nice strobe light. I have it magnet held to my wall hidden ready for anything. I want to change the sights though! That's it!
Did you get around to changing the sights on your Creed? If so what did you get.?
Old 04-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #10

Badgerstate .22
Glad to hear so many good things about the Creed. Im thinking about picking one up this summer but the low price of it kind of concerns me.
Thus far though, I havent really heard anything bad about the gun.
Badgerstate is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page

holster for walther creed

Click on a term to search for related topics.