WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2017, 12:25 AM   #31

ashton4ever .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed84 View Post
I held the Creed just a few days ago and liked the feel of it. The only complaint that I had was the firing mechanism. I know the Creed was not built for looks but getting a big black flag waving in my peripheral every time I would shoot it seemed a bit odd.
I can definitely get past that though because it was a good gun in every other way. I'll have to pick one up this summer. Currently it is selling for 370 in Indiana

LOL I like your screen name! Yes the bobbing hammer can be a trip for some. This is just at the very beginning since its unusual. For me I have forgotten it actually moves. Once your in your shooting zone it goes away. Think of it as a double action revolver, the hammer has to go back also.

Look around for pricing. I paid 329.00 for mine but after the background check and transfer fees it was 365.00 out the door.
ashton4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-29-2017, 05:59 AM   #32

P99pete .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton4ever View Post
10 lbs min legal trigger pull in Massachusetts and California. Use that as a high trigger pull base. With that in mind 4 1/2 is considered light and 2 1/2 would be ultra light. I myself would not like anything less then 4 1/2 lbs on a defensive carry. 2 1/2 would be too light. Its really your preference.
Never, EVER, follow the asinine policies/rules of CA, MASS, NY or NJ or their police agencies if you can legally avoid them. The heavy trigger weight you listed is more likely to make you miss, especially under stress. They were set up by police bean counter legal types who never have to be out on the street and could not care less about officer survival or shot accuracy as long as they have a liability excuse. IF, you follow proper gun handling procedures you will never have to worry as your finger is not on the trigger unless you are committed to shooting. Index, index, index is the rule for the day. When you are not on the trigger then the trigger weight does not matter, it is only if you ride that trigger that is does.

I myself like to stay in the 4-5 Lb range, unless forced to do higher with DA/SA system like SIG 220 series or Beretta 92 series. I don't own a CREED, nor do I intend to, my P99AS and PPQM1 will do just fine and my CZs will do a lot better.

Government, in all forms, is just controlled oppression.

People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people. -V

Getting old and cranky in my old age, just like old men are supposed to be.

Last edited by P99pete; 04-29-2017 at 06:03 AM.
P99pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #33

GP100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton4ever View Post
LOL I like your screen name! Yes the bobbing hammer can be a trip for some. This is just at the very beginning since its unusual. For me I have forgotten it actually moves. Once your in your shooting zone it goes away. Think of it as a double action revolver, the hammer has to go back also.

Look around for pricing. I paid 329.00 for mine but after the background check and transfer fees it was 365.00 out the door.
I also no longer notice the small hammer bob when I shoot my Creed. As a double action revolver shooter the hammer on this Creed is minimal compared to my S&W or Ruger revolvers. With the features of the Creed I think it competes very well with other pistols at that price point. I think this was Walthers goal with the Creed.
GP100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 PM   #34

Pinger9x19 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerstate View Post
I dont get where you guys say that the PPQ is only a little bit more than the Creed. I couldnt buy a Creed for about $375, PPQs are around $650. The PPS and CCP are around $500 but not the PPQ.
I probably should just spend the money for the PPQ though because Im looking for a gun that I'll have for life.

I agree, everywhere I looked the PPQ was $550-$650 dollars price range as where the Creed was $300-$355 dollars. I got mine from Buds, they have the PPQ M1 for $569. cash price, the Creed is $353 cash price almost half the price will is with the FFL fee after pick up. I am sure that this Creed will last just as long as the PPQ would.
Pinger9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page

holster for walther creed

Click on a term to search for related topics.