Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #21

ashton4ever .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
The Creed uses PPS sights...

So if I buy PPS aftermarket sights they will work with my Creed? I also read on this thread the PPX work also. I'm a bit confused here. I have asked Walther Support and will post what they say. Regardless can anyone confirm anything yet?

BTW
I have shot 350 rounds with mine so far and it has worked flawlessly. The trigger does have a slight click or hang right before the wall but it is a bit intermittent and mild, otherwise is great. After cleaning it really well and adding a bit of lubricant it seems to work even better. I forgot to clean and lube it before the first shot. I held the PPQ at the Miami gun show yesterday and the grips feel identical to me. The trigger is not as good as the PPQ but I still like it. As far as a gritty trigger I can't say it is. I love it! Well worth the $341 I paid for it. I shot 3-4 inch groups at 15 yards and I shake horribly.

Last edited by ashton4ever; 02-19-2017 at 02:11 PM.
ashton4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-27-2017, 02:25 AM   #22

steve_man .22
lol, looks a bit like a Hi-Point...
Erock likes this.
steve_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #23

frmathiasen .22
I passed a Creed in a Gander Mountain store on Saturday. By passed by, I mean - i saw it - thought of my CCP, then kept walking!!!!!

Anybody else find it strange the recall for CCP and the massive marketing push for the Creed are happening simultaneous?

Remember, the CCP had allot of good reviews in the beginning too.
frmathiasen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #24

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmathiasen View Post
I passed a Creed in a Gander Mountain store on Saturday. By passed by, I mean - i saw it - thought of my CCP, then kept walking!!!!!

Anybody else find it strange the recall for CCP and the massive marketing push for the Creed are happening simultaneous?

Remember, the CCP had allot of good reviews in the beginning too.
I checked out a CREED at a recent gun show in Illinois. The trigger was nice. It "looked" like a decent gun. It's service pistol sized though. It's not competing head-to-head with the CCP size-wise. It's a completely different design than the CCP.

I sort of liked the CREED I saw to be honest. If I didn't already have a few PPQs, I'd seriously consider one.

The paid reviews in print or online should always be taken with a grain of salt. They are paid for (in one way or another) after all. I put more stock in forums like this one. If there are a large number of people complaining about a given gun, there is probably something to those complaints.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #25

ashton4ever .22
Since I was the original poster I will give you all an update. I am at 1000 rounds so far. Not one missfire or jam or whatever you all say can go wrong with guns. The slide moves like butter and the trigger is even better. I like a light trigger even though many people say its not good in an altercation since it can go off easily. I keep finger off the trigger like a bad habit turned good! lol The original trigger was at about 5 1/2 lbs. Its definitly below 4 1/2 now and the wall is smooth and solid. All I can say is that it was surpassed my expectations by a long shot, cross my fingers! I have 100% confidence in it. Oh I let the rangers at my range fire it last week end and they both went WOW after the first shot! The trigger freaked them out! lol

If anyone has had any issues please let me know!!! I have not read anything anywhere, not yet at least.
muckaleewarrior71 likes this.
ashton4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #26

cdsdss .22
The CREED is basically just a PPX with a facelift. The PPX was a solid, economically-priced gun without any serious design flaws that I'm aware of. I can't think of any reason why the CREED would be any different.

The CCP, by contrast, was a new design, a departure from Walther's previous designs and had QC issues from the beginning. I don't think the two compare very well.
S&W PPK/S .380
S&W PPK/s .32
PPSM2 9mm
PPS 9mm First Edition
CCPM2 Stainless
P-5
P-5 Compact
cdsdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #27
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
That, and the fact that the CCP isn't even a Walther weapon. It's Umarex.
Jimmo952 and MichaelS. like this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #28

muckaleewarrior71 .22
Good to hear. I've had a PPX since they came out and still like to shoot it. It can hang right in there with my P99 and PPQ as far as accuracy.
Fritzdecatze likes this.

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #29

Fritzdecatze .22
they sent an email today of a sand colored Creed... they should have stuck with Robins egg blue LOL

Last edited by Fritzdecatze; 07-05-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: picture
Fritzdecatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #30

Pinger9x19 .22
Well I cannot really compare this trigger to any striker fired pistol. Since this is a hammer fired, cannot be compared to the PPQ, which I did own one, the M1 version. Now with this being a different style of DA trigger there's no way I can compare it to the PPQ's trigger, which is awesome.
For this being a hammer fired DA trigger to me it's also a real good trigger design, I got this cause I missed my PPQ, but didn't have the money to pay for the PPQ at this time. So far I am impressed with this Creed.
Time will tell, I will post a exclusive in detail range reports on this pistol. I will include pics of targets. Lists of ammo used etc.
Fritzdecatze likes this.
Pinger9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
aftermarket creed sights

new sights for walther creed

night sights for walther creed
sites walther creed
Click on a term to search for related topics.