PPX vs CREED - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #1

Vincent04 .22
PPX vs CREED

I shot both my PPX and my friend's CREED yesterday, and here are my observations. Both were 9mm. 100 rounds each gun.

1) The CREED's size is a little smaller than the PPS namely the slide, but not that much. Frame and grip size are very similar.
2) The CREED's is more ergo. The palm swells fill out a little more, and I thought the purchase was a tad better than the PPX
3) The CREED's trigger pull was equal to my PPX (from start to break, and quite crisp). The reset click was a little more audible and palpable
4) Size of sights are equal. Very easy to acquire targets with both
5) Accuracy was equal. For both pistols and two-handed shooting, I blew out the bulls eyes on targets 7-10 yards out with 1.5-in groups.

My PPX 8 months ago cost $350 total (CDNN purchase, S&H, and FFL fee). PPX's are were going for $250 on CDNN and Gunbuyer about 2 months ago. My friend's CREED cost $420 total.

Will I buy a CREED? Definitely not. The extra cost right now doesn't justify the small extra in looks and performance. I'll pass unless I see one going for the price of a PPX.

Last edited by Vincent04; 12-05-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Vincent04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I don't think the CREED was intended to entice current PPX owners to dump their PPX for a CREED. I believe the CREED is meant to occupy that 'entry level' price point....simply replacing the PPX. The CREED appears to be nothing more than an improved PPX....and should have been given the 'M2' qualifier.....a PPX M2.

Its simply a pistol priced to appeal to guys who's wives place budget restrictions on their udder half's gun allowance. Or simply a price point to attract budget minded buyers.
MustProtect and Vandal320 like this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #3

Vincent04 .22
All the more reason not to buy the CREED but get the PPX if you can find one from a good seller. As I stated, the CREED offers nothing significantly more other than a higher price point. My PPX is keeper.
SuperTanker likes this.
Vincent04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #4

muckaleewarrior71 .22
I kind of hate I let two of my PPXs go but I don't see myself getting another one. I still have my forty version and that is good enough for me. I agree that the Creed is more of a hook for a guy/girl looking for a gun within a price point like the PPX was. Heck, that's how I got here.
SuperTanker likes this.

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:21 PM   #5

jcm822 .22
I have both and IMO, the Creed isn't much of an upgrade from the PPX. Looks are subjective and yes, it may have more of a PPQ look and I think that's what Walther wanted. My guess is the "improved" looks will maybe make this gun a winner based on it's entry level price and that trigger.

Now comparing the two, the trigger on the Creed has a heavier break, about 1lb more than my PPX. The ergo's for me, are not an improvement as the large angled dip in the PPX grip fit my hand to a tee. In addition, maybe due to my PPX having a longer barrel, the Creed is not as accurate as my PPX by a small margin.

Overall, they are very similar but I see some guys whining about the price, they are within $50 bucks or less of each other, that is nothing IMO. Mine was $345 plus shipping, so $365. My PPX, when new, was $440 due to the barrel. I guess CDNN has the least expensive PPX 9mm for $299 plus shipping, within 50 bucks. I see on Gunbroker the PPX is pretty much the same price as the Creed. So price is so similar, not a big enough difference to matter.

The biggest difference is new versus old, what does a buyer want? I think this is an entry level gun that appeals to those who can't afford much or simply don't want to spend much. Then there are those like me who like some inexpensive guns based on quality and/or performance. I was interested in the Creed as it is a PPX M2. The slide of my PPX fit on the Creed slide but not the other way around. I have around 40-50 handguns, mainly Glocks, Sigs and HK's with a few Walthers, and various brands in there. The PPX/Creed is not a replacement for any of the better model brands, like any Glock or HK. But it's good for what it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walthers.jpg (182.0 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by jcm822; 12-05-2016 at 11:27 PM.
jcm822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #6

BondsWalther .22
Yeah the Creed screams PPX M2 without them actually calling it that. Heck, a M2 was almost certain by them calling the PPX M1 a M1 from the get go! Why deny it now???
BondsWalther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:31 AM   #7

bkahuna .22
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Creed still has the multipart barrel with the separate feed ramp?
bkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #8

snubbtfan .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahuna View Post
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Creed still has the multipart barrel with the separate feed ramp?
I spoke with the service dept. on Fri. regarding a replacement for a PPX barrel I sent back. I was told I would be getting the same barrel as in the Creed. He also said this barrel had been somewhat improved, whatever that means. Guess it's a 3 part piece but I'll know for sure when it arrives.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #9

wbrian .22
Quote:
The video reviews online show that. Its a redone PPX for certain, but with smoother looks. To me it seems like a VERY good value. At first glance, the 3 part barrel seems to be a problem, but the more I consider it, I think it is a smart idea if it saves costs - it reportedly is very accurate.
wbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #10

jcm822 .22
Quote:
Yes it does, same barrel.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page
creed vs ppq
creed vs ppx
ppx vs creed
walther creed one piece barrel
walther creed review vs ppx
walther creed threaded barrel

walther creed vs ppq

walther creed vs ppq m2

walther creed vs ppx

walther ppq vs creed
walther pps vs creed

walther ppx vs creed

Click on a term to search for related topics.