Rear sight - remove to left, or to right? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alamo308

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2019, 05:38 PM   #1

Alamo308 .22
Question Rear sight - remove to left, or to right?

Creed rear sight left dot disappeared after a hundred or so rounds. Sent email to Walther; they immediately sent a replacement rear sight. I have a pusher, but hesitating: Push old sight to left or right?
Or should I go for an upgrade sight? But same question: Push old sight to left or right?
Assume new sight goes in from same side as old one comes off? But opposite direction...
Redcat94 likes this.

Last edited by Alamo308; 12-31-2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: add photo
Alamo308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .38
Don't know about a CREED. But on a PPQ and P99 its out to the left and back in on the same side, pushing it in to the right.

I think you'd be safe to pusher er' out the the left and in from the left. Just apply a little pressure with your pusher to see if it moves easily.....I'll bet it does.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:51 PM   #3
Supporting Member

1942bull .22
Ask Walther.

"Engage your brain before you engage your weapon."
General James Mattis
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2020, 12:39 AM   #4

Vandal320 .22
Do the sights look like this(Picture below)? If so they are PPS/Creed Sights and will come off from the left and install from the right. It has a set screw thingy on the bottom of the sight that has to go on from the right. It should have a notch or channel for it cut into the slide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CREED SIGHTS.jpg (178.6 KB, 8 views)
WALTHER PPQ M2 .45 ACP
WALTHER P99C 9MM
WALTHER PPS M1 9MM
WALTHER PPS M2 LE 9MM
WALTHER PPX 9MM
Vandal320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:59 AM   #5

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo308 View Post
Push old sight to left or right? Or should I go for an upgrade sight?
Ask Walther and see if they respond first. Usually it doesn't matter but on some Walthers it does.

What other sights had you thought about putting on ? I seem to have gotten more use out of FO than tritium on my handguns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Don't know about a CREED. But on a PPQ and P99 its out to the left and back in on the same side, pushing it in to the right.

I think you'd be safe to pusher er' out the the left and in from the left. Just apply a little pressure with your pusher to see if it moves easily.....I'll bet it does.
I think it's the opposite. I don't know why Walther can't be consistent throughout their product line with this.

In looking at a Creed parts diagram it looks just like my PPS M2. I wish that I had taken pictures of mine when it was apart to explain this !

There is a serrated roll pin that gets pressed in HORIZONTALLY from the bottom. You can GENTLY use a c-clamp or a vise to do that part as the new sight probably won't come with it pre-installed. The dovetail in the slide has a ramp machined into it going down from left to right. The rear sight/roll pin combo then goes up the ramp right to left. Naturally it must then also be removed left to right.

Once you get the old sight out this will all make sense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200101_003843.jpg (79.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #6

Alamo308 .22
Question Serrated roll pin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcat94 View Post
There is a serrated roll pin that gets pressed in HORIZONTALLY from the bottom. You can GENTLY use a c-clamp or a vise to do that part as the new sight probably won't come with it pre-installed. The dovetail in the slide has a ramp machined into it going down from left to right. The rear sight/roll pin combo then goes up the ramp right to left. Naturally it must then also be removed left to right.
Once you get the old sight out this will all make sense.
Using a Wheeler Engineering sight pusher, the sight does not move to either left or right. Grrr…

Also, the replacement sight does have the serrated roll pin installed as it came from Walther. Don't know how this affects installation, since I can't remove the old sight assembly, for now anyway.

Last edited by Alamo308; 01-04-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: bold text
Alamo308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:54 PM   #7

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo308 View Post
Using a Wheeler Engineering sight pusher, the sight does not move to either left or right.
If you can get confirmation from Walther what direction it should come out then I would remove it with a brass punch and hammer. I've never found sight pushers to be very useful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed