Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By forgiven
  • 1 Post By forgiven

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #1

forgiven .22
New Creed- First Impressions and Range Report

I picked up my new Creed at the FFL Saturday morning. When I first looked at it I was pleasantly surprised! A lot of people have commented on line that is was big and homely. I think that has been over stated. It is a nice looking pistol as far as poly framed pistols go. It has a high quality look and feel when you see and handle one in person. Grip is nice and felt good in my hand.

I took it home, field stripped it and cleaned all the factory oil out of it with CLP and brake cleaner. Oiled it up, re-assembled and dry fired.
Trigger had a smooth take up, hits the "wall", then a little bit of creep followed by a crisp break. Not too shabby but the “creep” portion was pretty gritty. I polished the drop safety plunger with Flitz metal polish and then used a little Tetra grease on it and that solved the issue nicely.

I took the pistol to the range and shot 125 rounds of practice ammo and 50 rounds of Federal 147 gr HST standard pressure LE rounds without a malfunction. Shooting off the bench with sandbags the best I could manage was 4” groups at 15 yards. It shot about 2-3” high. Off-hand I shot low and left (of course!)

I think the pistol is more accurate that I can shoot it right now. The trigger is nice but a lot different than my striker fired pistols. I have two Glocks with 3.5# connectors, polished internals and Apex flat triggers. I have a XDM 45 with a nice Powder River Precision trigger. My Ruger LCP II and LCS9 Pro have great triggers as well. I just need to practice with the Walther and get used to it.

All in all I am very pleased! I bought a good quality, well made, reliable pistol made by Walther for well under $300 including shipping and FFL transfer fee. Crazy good deal!
tdocz, Pondoro, hayduke13 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by forgiven; 01-29-2019 at 10:02 AM.
forgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-29-2019, 05:04 AM   #2

DarkeWolf .22
Nice! Cool review, and thanks for the report.

One point tho, the Creed isn't a striker fire. It's a hammer gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
I picked up my new Creed at the FFL Saturday morning. When I first looked at it I was pleasantly surprised! A lot of people have commented on line that is was big and homely. I think that has been over stated. It is a nice looking pistol as far as poly framed striker fired pistols go. It has a high quality look and feel when you see and handle one in person. Grip is nice and felt good in my hand.

Last edited by DarkeWolf; 01-29-2019 at 05:09 AM.
DarkeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #3

forgiven .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
Nice! Cool review, and thanks for the report.

One point tho, the Creed isn't a striker fire. It's a hammer gun.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. BTW I know it has a hammer and is not striker fired. I edited my post. Anyway, sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
f111stick likes this.
forgiven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #4

gkuhlen .22
I watched a video that Hickok45 did and he said he likes the Creeds trigger better than Glocks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed