Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Mudbug
  • 3 Post By Mudbug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #1

Mudbug .22
Walther Warranty Comes Through

Do you remember me asking all the question about whether buying a CREED as such a deal of a price was worth it? ( Good Price on a CREED. Is it worth it?) I got a LOT of input on that one. And I made my decision to buy a CREED rather than two choices that I was looking over dealing with the Canik TP9SFx and the SAR9, both guns made in Turkey.

So I bought the Creed. CDNN Sports online. $269. MSRP is $400. What a deal!

The gun came in to my selected FFL dealer exactly three days after I ordered it.
The next day I took it to the Range. That's where the good stuff came to an end.

From the first shot fired, the slide would not return to battery. That means that it did not fully return to the forward/ready to shoot position. It stopped about a eight of an inch short.

I sent it off to the Fort Smith Facility. I got a call from the technician. For some reason, THREE parts had to be changed....on the brand new gun.

But they did it with no quarrel, and had ti back in my hands exactly one week after I sent it out in a prepaid FedEx mailer.

Manintenance and Repair was one of the reasons I chose the Creed over the two Turkish guns. I was afraid that the U.S. and Turkey might have some differences politically and I would end up with a gun with no way to get parts or repair.

Charter Arms "Gator" 38 Special
Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY

Last edited by Mudbug; 08-10-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #2

Mudbug .22
I took the Creed to the range again today. Fired off two boxes of Westinghouse, 115grain (white box). Not a single issue.

I love this gun!

Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #3

PPS1980 .22
Thanks for the update. I agree with you, as an owner of a SAR K2-45, that support is a huge concern. The importer for SAR has changed 3 times in 2-3 years so even knowing who to ask for support is a bit of a challenge. Glad Ft. Smith took care of it and did so quickly!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

Wildtoad .22
Always have had good service from Walther. Never a question of them fixing it and for FREE.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:06 AM   #5

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
Thanks for the update. I agree with you, as an owner of a SAR K2-45, that support is a huge concern. The importer for SAR has changed 3 times in 2-3 years so even knowing who to ask for support is a bit of a challenge. Glad Ft. Smith took care of it and did so quickly!
It took a lot of restraint on my part to not order the SAR or the CANIK. Both of those guns came with such good owner support.

But once Walther sorted our the bugs in the brand new CREED, it's all that I hoped it would be...so far.

Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Old 08-11-2018, 02:39 AM   #6

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildtoad View Post
Always have had good service from Walther. Never a question of them fixing it and for FREE.
WildToad,

Nearly every experience that I've had with Walther has been exceptional. I've called them on many occasions with questions and advice about problems. Every time, they did their best to solve each issue.

I have a P22 that has never behaved itself. I have written posts about that thing constantly here on the P22 section. From the first day out of the store, a brand new P22 has malfunctioned in every way that it could. Basically, the issue was that the hammer was imperfectly formed.

I would read from others here on the Walther forum how nice the little Plinker was. Every time I read some good statement from a P22 owner, I say to myself. "they sure are not talking about my P22!"

I had once hoped to keep the little gun in my vehicle for late night trips, but quickly realized that it just was not dependable enough. Still, the good reports from other owners poured in. I just could not figure it out.

In two years of weekly Thursday afternoon shooting with my geezer group, I never had a trip to the local Sherrif's range that the gun operated successfully. Failure to fire, feed, eject, stove-piping, spent casings in the face, failure of the slide locking open after the last round was ejected, failure of the hammer to lock into the SA mode...you name it.

I finally returened the gun to the repair facility for repair. Walter inspected it and felt that the repair should not be a warranty issue. We had a bit of a troubled disagreement. However, the disagreement did not last long. In the end, Walther agreed to the repair, even though they had very good reason to believe that the problem with the gun appeared to them to have been caused by me and not a warranty issue at all.

Keeping a customer happy was more important than battling over who was at fault. In my opinion, that decision by the Walther repair facility raised them about 10 notches in my esteem calculator. The little gun will arrive here Tuesday. I'll have it at the range early Wednesday morning. If it performs correctly, it will be the first time it ever did and it will have a very happy owner.

Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY

Last edited by Mudbug; 08-11-2018 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #7

gunn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
WildToad,

Nearly every experience that I've had with Walther has been exceptional. I've called them on many occasions with questions and advice about problems. Every time, they did their best to solve each issue.

I have a P22 that has never behaved itself. I have written posts about that thing constantly here on the P22 section. From the first day out of the store, a brand new P22 has malfunctioned in every way that it could. Basically, the issue was that the hammer was imperfectly formed.

I would read from others here on the Walther forum how nice the little Plinker was. Every time I read some good statement from a P22 owner, I say to myself. "they sure are not talking about my P22!"

I had once hoped to keep the little gun in my vehicle for late night trips, but quickly realized that it just was not dependable enough. Still, the good reports from other owners poured in. I just could not figure it out.

In two years of weekly Thursday afternoon shooting with my geezer group, I never had a trip to the local Sherrif's range that the gun operated successfully. Failure to fire, feed, eject, stove-piping, spent casings in the face, failure of the slide locking open after the last round was ejected, failure of the hammer to lock into the SA mode...you name it.

I finally returened the gun to the repair facility for repair. Walter inspected it and felt that the repair should not be a warranty issue. We had a bit of a troubled disagreement. However, the disagreement did not last long. In the end, Walther agreed to the repair, even though they had very good reason to believe that the problem with the gun appeared to them to have been caused by me and not a warranty issue at all.

Keeping a customer happy was more important than battling over who was at fault. In my opinion, that decision by the Walther repair facility raised them about 10 notches in my esteem calculator. The little gun will arrive here Tuesday. I'll have it at the range early Wednesday morning. If it performs correctly, it will be the first time it ever did and it will have a very happy owner.
So..... What happened?
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page

walther p22 warranty

Click on a term to search for related topics.