WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2018, 02:05 AM   #21

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyO View Post
I shot the Canik clone of the Walther PPQ Q5 Match, and wound up buying the Walther. You only wince once when you buy quality. Not that Canik isn't nice, but for me it was Walther all the way. No regrets.
Thanks MattyQ. I hoped to hear from someone who had this kind of trial usage with the Canik, especially in competition.

Which Canik is the PPQ clone? Is that the SA? SF?

Charter Arms "Gator" 38 Special
Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #22

Spacelordmaster .22
The Creed seems like an excellent gun. All the reviews I have seen praise itís trigger and reliability. Not a bad shooter for a gun that costs less than $400.00. I am personally thinking about getting one.
Mudbug and BigMau like this.
Spacelordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #23

digitaleagle12 .22
I bought a Creed for $279 at my LGS about six months ago.

The only issue I have had with it was the white dot came off of the front site at my first range outing. I called Walther and they sent me a new front site. I received it in less than a week and it took me less than 5 minutes to install it. Great service.

I also put Talon grips on it, which I highly recommend. I found the stock grip to be a little slippery for my liking. The regular rubber talon grips make a big difference IMO. Consider me biased as I have Talon grips on all of my guns

The gun is a total steal for the price. It's well built, shoots great, has high capacity, a great trigger and life time warranty. What's not to like?

I'm glad you chose to buy one, you won't be disappointed.
BigMau likes this.
digitaleagle12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #24

BigMau .22
[QUOTE=digitaleagle12;1139136]I bought a Creed for $279 at my LGS about six months ago.

The only issue I have had with it was the white dot came off of the front site at my first range outing. I called Walther and they sent me a new front site. I received it in less than a week and it took me less than 5 minutes to install it. Great service.

I also put Talon grips on it, which I highly recommend. I found the stock grip to be a little slippery for my liking. The regular rubber talon grips make a big difference IMO. Consider me biased as I have Talon grips on all of my guns

Ditto... I added the Talon grips to my CREED. Great addition!!
BigMau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #25

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaleagle12 View Post
I bought a Creed for $279 at my LGS about six months ago.

The gun is a total steal for the price. It's well built, shoots great, has high capacity, a great trigger and life time warranty. What's not to like?

I'm glad you chose to buy one, you won't be disappointed.
What is LGS? I found a few Google references to Larry's Gun Shop out in New Mexico. Suppose that it! That is a very good price. I did buy my gun...got it from CDNN $269 plus shipping, etc.

It fires very well. I have a learning curve with it. I need to check out how to adjust the sight. The elevation is dead on, but windage is an inch or so to the left at 7 yards.

I probably should have given it a more thorough cleaning before I fired it this morning.

It fired well, but in recycling, the slide does not always return fully to the front. At those times, it will not fire. About half the time, it still needs about 1/8" of travel to be back to firing position. So I found myself having to slap it forward after a lot of the shots. I had hoped that firing would help correct it, but after a full box of 50, it is still doing it. I'll give it a good cleaning and oiling, then try again. If it does the same, I'll call Ft. Smith.

But I do like the gun. It feels great in my hand. I will look into the TALON grips that you mentioned. I have never heard of them, but admit that I've not heard of a LOT of gun equipment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creed Slide 1.jpg (28.5 KB, 6 views)

Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Old 07-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #26

Kar98 .22
LGS = your Local Gun Store.
As opposed to buying from a big chain store like Cabela's, or from a big online store like Hyatt's.
Mudbug likes this.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #27

Vandal320 .22
Local Gun Shop/Store.

I had the same Return To Battery(RTB) issue with my PPX when I first shot it. I tightened up my grip and the gun functioned fine after that.

The shooting left is probably you. Too much finger and its pushing the barrel slightly to the left while firing.

Let someone else shoot it to help diagnose the RTB and the shooting left.
Mudbug likes this.
WALTHER PPQ M2 .45 ACP
WALTHER P99C 9MM
WALTHER PPS M1 9MM
WALTHER PPS M2 LE 9MM
WALTHER PPX 9MM
Vandal320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #28

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
LGS = your Local Gun Store.
As opposed to buying from a big chain store like Cabela's, or from a big online store like Hyatt's.
Gotcha! What's Hyatts? LOL! (You don't have to answer. I've never seen one of their ads or such.)

Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #29

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
Gotcha! What's Hyatts? LOL! (You don't have to answer. I've never seen one of their ads or such.)
It's a big online store :P

https://www.hyattgunstore.com/
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #30

Mudbug .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
It's a big online store :P

https://www.hyattgunstore.com/
Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Looks like one of the good ones!

Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Creed

Search tags for this page

average price walther creed

walther creed 9mm

walther p38 worth

what is a walther creed 9mm pistol worth?

what is the old style walther pps worth
Click on a term to search for related topics.