Walther Forums banner

Mauser P-38 with a Walter Slide

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  olsoul 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have 2 WW2 P-38's. One a Walter, cool, but w/a mismatched slide. The other is a Mauser, w/all their factroy codes, however the slide has the Walter Banner w/matching serial numbers to the rest of the gun. One thing odd about the serial numbers on the slide, it looks like they were hand stamped. The slide itself has a nice blue (almost gloss) finish to it. It also has the Walter acceptance on the slide. So, is it rare? I haven't seen anything else like it. I traded my Walter Mosquito and $200 at the gunshow for it. Hope to post some pictures later, but am on my lunch break. Thanking everyone in advance for any input. Regards, Daniel P.S. Both guns are in very good to very, very good condition (not excellant, but sweet). Yes I shoot them, not as often as my other guns. Their special!

#3 ·
P-38 Mauser With Walter Banner Slide

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m565/loganlaw8110/P-38

Here we go: I only took a few shots, on the slide you can see the Walter Banner, P-38, Serial # 5432. Frame; Serial # 5432, appears to be U3 followed by WaA135. Magazine; P.38v, with a single 135 upside down on the back spine. All serial numbers match, barrel etc. And yes, part of the trade was my Sig Mosquito, Desert Camo.

#7 ·
#5 · (Edited)
I went out to your link and found sever different slides and two frames:
P-38 E/135 (Mauser) Frame SN: 5432
P-38 Walther Banner Slide (Possibly from a Zero Series) SN: 5432
This is a Post WWII rework - possibly Austrian but could be Russian or Czech. We'd need to see all markings on the other parts.
P-38 Breakdown Photo:
Walther Frame E/359 SN: 2774b
Walther Slide AC 44 SN: 653?
Barrel Unknown
This is a Russian Capture (RC) Rework based on the "X" (Crossed Rifles) on the slide.
Same E/359 Walther SN 2774b frame as above but now has a Postwar P-38/II Circle/dot (Military/Police Inspection) slide installed.
Walther P-38 AC 45 stripped slide SN: 3637c - no idea what this is to.
That's the best I can tell from what I can see... :)

Attachments

#6 ·

Thanks for all the help. I tried to take pictures of the left side, but they didn't come out. It did have all the Walter acceptance marks, 359, stamped on them. The other P-38 is my Walter, and yes the slide is a Russian capture, but it was better then the Interarms it came with. In fact, I did get another slide, 45 AC, wih only one markng on it's left side. Someone did tell me that it's possible the slide in question came from Belgium, as a replacement when Mauser requred spares, I have no idea if this correct. As for the rest of my guns, I have a CZ 75B, CZ Kadet, Erma .22 Luger and the 2 P-38's. Thanks again, and I hope to post more often.

#9 · (Edited)
Necrothreads are fun too...:) But sadly while Milspec is no longer with us... loganlaw may still be around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.