Walther Forums banner

Walther P1/P38 where can I buy different front sights?

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  6.5 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a few P1's and would like to swap-out the front sights to get them correct. The sights aim is good left/right, its just the high/low dimension that needs adjusting.
After much reading-around on these forums and elsewhere (yes I already did a search) I found there are different Numbered front sights with different vertical heights.
(schematic diagram here: http://www.carlwalther.com)

But one question which was not addressed was: where to buy these?
Some places like CDNN sell the front sight but do no specify what the numbering is (I think these are just random mil-surplus).

I have found one place that has them listed by-number:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?filter=walther+p+1+front+sight

But they are around $15 each, does anyone know of a cheaper way I could just buy a "variety pack" that had several of different numbers?

#2 · (Edited)
I changed my front sight recently and it was worth the $14 Numirch charges.

You can get a front sight for $8 from RTG but you don't know the size he will send you. I have orderd a slide assemble and rear sights from them, didn't ask if they would send a specific sight number. Try calling him and see if you can get a certain number, I would like to know if he will do it.
Walther P1 Sights, Later Style Walther sights for P1 and P38, RTG Gun Parts

If you are shooting low, go one number higher. Shooting high go one number lower.
My P1 shoots about 1 to 2 inches low at 25 feet, has a #3 front site.
So I ordered a #4 from Numerich. Looks like 15/100 difference between each sight. All the other vendors play dumb, just list front sight.

Walther P1 Front Sight Numerich

Front Sight, #5, w/ White Dot, .210" High

Front Sight, #4, w/ White Dot, .225" High

Front Sight, #3, w/ White Dot, .240" High

Front Sight, #2, w/ White Dot, .255" High

Front Sight, #1, w/ White Dot, .270" High

I got my GunParts Walther P1 sight in 4 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.